Page 151 of 267 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    14/21/36
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I have castor oil on my head now. It's hot. I mean, my head feels hot.
    175 hairstyles and counting while growing out my hair out for the third time.

Length
    27"/31"/35"
    Type
    3b/C/ii/iii

I put it on my eyebrows for about 3 months, every night before I went to bed and I found it made a big difference, not a lot though... I guess it's different from person to person.

Length
    JL/SL/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

At first I did straight castor oil mixed with the following EOs: Basil, Peppermint, Lavender, and Rosemary. I never had a problem washing it out with V05. After reading through this ENTIRE thread, I concluded it was easier to wash out because I put the Rosemary in with it. Everyone who mentioned using Rosemary EO had no trouble washing out the castor oil.
    Thanks for that Dragon Faery! I'm gonna put some rosemary in it next time.
    I dilute it with other oil ( tried EVOO and coconut oil) - 50%-50% or even with less castor oil, that way it's easier to wash it out.
    To make sure I can remove the oil, before washing I cover my hair with conditioner.
    Thanks for the conditioner idea Almond!. I had always ment to cut the castor oil with another oil, but I can use the conditioner on the ends untill I get some. I think I'll probably keep doing it too, just to make sure I can get the oils out.

Length
    14/21/50
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by naturegirl321 View Post
    I have castor oil on my head now. It's hot. I mean, my head feels hot.
    I am not sure what your going through, but when I do a heavy application it seems to retain heat better. I thought of it as a good thing, more blood getting to the surface, but you may be experiencing a reaction?

Length
    14/21/36
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I think it was just the blood, it wore off after a while.
    175 hairstyles and counting while growing out my hair out for the third time.

Length
    apl/hip/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Dragon Faery wrote:
    At first I did straight castor oil mixed with the following EOs: Basil, Peppermint, Lavender, and Rosemary. I never had a problem washing it out with V05. After reading through this ENTIRE thread, I concluded it was easier to wash out because I put the Rosemary in with it. Everyone who mentioned using Rosemary EO had no trouble washing out the castor oil.

Castor oil + rosemary oil might be the key then? Sounds perfect that it's easy to remove that mixture.

It's interesting to hear that you had better growth rate with undiluted castor oil. I don't measure my hair regularly, so I don't remember if my hair grew more quickly when I didn't dilute it...

Rosemary itself must be great for hair growth too, because it increases the blood circulation. I think that's the next thing I'm gonna try.
    ETA: seems like I have problems with quoting.
    Last edited by almond; January 4th, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

BSL~waist~hip~tailbone~classic

Length
    apl/hip/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I am not sure what your going through, but when I do a heavy application it seems to retain heat better. I thought of it as a good thing, more blood getting to the surface, but you may be experiencing a reaction?
    Same here! Probably the blood circulation... It feels warmer with undiluted castor oil.

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I have a few questions. They may already have been answered, but I didn't feel like reading through 200-some pages. So...
    I haven't tried putting it on my hair/scalp yet, but I saw the bit about CO-washing and I would like to know it you can use just citric acid. I don't know if I trust all the ingredients in my conditioner, and I will be out of it soon anyway (if I keep using it, that is).
    And this one isn't about hair, but I have read a few posts relating to its use on skin and I would like to know, do you wash it off or anything, or do you leave it on overnight, or is it like a moisturizer? If anyone has advice, that would be appreciated.

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I meant 100-some pages... oh well.

Type
    2a/F/ii

relating to its use on skin and I would like to know, do you wash it off or anything, or do you leave it on overnight, or is it like a moisturizer?

I've read about people doing both. You can try doing it the OCM method and wipe it off with a hot wet towel.

Or you could leave it on over night. I believe one person would wet their face then pat their face with castor oil, leaving it on for the night. I wouldn't personally be able to do that since I sleep on my side and I'd get my pillow oily.

I suggest you read at least the first post of the OCM link I posted, that should answer your questions better.