Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    19/22/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Can you use pharmacy castor oil?
    Growing out bleached hair is acceptable now, thank you ombre trend!

Type
    2b/M/ii

yes, totally. that's where I got mine! I lost half my hair over four months of intense stress, so I've started applying castor oil (from the pharmacy) mixed with coconut oil and a few drops of Rosemary EO mixed together. What I do, is the night before wash day I bend over at the waist with my hair loose. I dip my fingers in my castor mix and give myself a nice head massage. Then I deep oil my length, braid and sleep. Wash out the next morning!

I've only been doing this for a month so I can't comment on how well its going. I will report back.

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Before the wash, my hair is dusty and dirty usually, since I work out. Can hair absorb the castor oil when dirty? Do you recommend oiling before the wash, or just after the wash ( so I will wash again) ??

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    Before the wash, my hair is dusty and dirty usually, since I work out. Can hair absorb the castor oil when dirty? Do you recommend oiling before the wash, or just after the wash ( so I will wash again) ??
    I always apply the oil on dirty hair pre washing, so I don't think it will be a problem. if you want you can rinse your hair with water only before applying but I honestly don't think it's necessary.

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    I always apply the oil on dirty hair pre washing, so I don't think it will be a problem. if you want you can rinse your hair with water only before applying but I honestly don't think it's necessary.
    Thank you for your response. I will try it before washing

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I could not use castor oil. It made my hair miserable, sticky, and messy, and when I used it on my eyelashes, it gave me conjunctivitis (sp?). Back to the drawing board...Could emu oil have similar effects? I've heard it's really good for hair growth and eyelash growth.

~maborosi~

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Try it! Let us know if it works!

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Ooh! This thread is interesting! I have never tried castor oil on my hair before. I usually use olive oil, coconut and almond

Length
    BSL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I have to report, I am LOVING castor oil! Again, last night I used castor oil and amla oil in my scalp, and a SMT on my length, and left it for several hours with a shower cap. When I got in the shower, I added a little water to the length, and massaged the SMT into the scalp. I added a bit more conditioner, and it rinsed out clean.

This morning my hair was gorgeous- shiny, soft, wavy. My scalp felt perfect- not itchy or oily, just right. Alleluia!

An unexpected benefit is that I can go much longer between washes- I used to need to wash every other night. I went a full 6 days between washing, and I didn't even really have to wash- I just wanted to. My scalp stays so clean and not oily, it's unbelievable! I'm hooked!
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Length
    Shldr/BSL+/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Thumbs up Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    I am surprised that most of you are able to remove the excess oil with CO or diluted shampoo. I can't do it. Always leave my hair greasy and mostly wash again
    The trick is to put on conditioner on dry hair and leave it in for at least 20 min. Then shower and wash as usual. Conditioner will remove oil better than shampoo!
    Shld --> APL --> BSL --> Waist -->