Page 177 of 267 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Oh, and I almost forgot, you have to give the jar a good shake every day.

Quote Originally Posted by henné View Post
    Does anyone have experience with cold-pressed castor oil? I just bought a bottle yesterday and I'd love to utilize it ...

Thank you!!!
    Not sure.. Is there any other kind? I've only ever seen cold pressed. I'd go ahead and slap it on me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

I just started using jamaican black xtra dark castor oil and I feel pretty conifdent that its going to work I have been using the Mira hair oil for the past 6-8 weeks with great results-about 2 inch hair growth. But its very expensive so I read up on the castor oil, less exensive, and I just know its going to give me the same or better results

What Im doing right now is just using up what little of the Mira I have left on my roots and I put the castor oil everywhere else! Its thick but I just slap it on my hair shaft and ends and sleep on it. Oh, I also put it on my eye lashes and eyebrows. I have noticed a difference in the eyelashes already, after about one week. I dont know if thats just the oil making them look longer and darker because that is a possibility. All I know is Im going to keep oiling them because my lashes are so thin and light. And I dont use mascara because it always runs and smudges. Always. I have tried every brand, waterproof, smudge proof, etc. and none of them work. So I just dont use mascara anymore.

I love oiling! I just wished I would have started it 20 years ago!

Length
    26"/32.5"/...
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Yes, there is the refined kind that folks were talking about earlier in the thread. They said the refined one is better for hair as it is more easily absorbed by it. I know from somewhere else that the cold-pressed castor oil is better for skin in OCM.

I'm just interested how has the cold-pressed one worked for folks using it on their hair ...

Yes, there is the refined kind that folks were talking about earlier in the thread. They said the refined one is better for hair as it is more easily absorbed by it. I know from somewhere else that the cold-pressed castor oil is better for skin in OCM.

I'm just interested how has the cold-pressed one worked for folks using it on their hair ...
    I used stuff from the pharmacy but it was very expensive in a tiny bottle. So I Googled and found it in much larger (500ml) bottles last year and that's what I've been using since. I don't see any difference in consistency, it doesn't smell any different, it's really the same stuff. (JBCO is significantly different though.) And I just checked now, the 500ml bottle says "kallpressad" (cold-pressed, in Swedish). So now I'm confused!

PS. And the bottle also says laxative so I believe it is the same stuff.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    26"/32.5"/...
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I don't even know if one can buy refined castor oil in Sweden I bought mine also cold-pressed from Life butik

I don't even know if one can buy refined castor oil in Sweden I bought mine also cold-pressed from Life butik
    Oh yeah, I somehow forgot that you were located in Sweden... you may want to check this out:

http://www.bodystore.com/3/sv/artikl...cinolja-500-ml

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I am using the cold pressed castor oil as well. I really don't think the refined type is any better ( I think so with all other oils as well, always go for unrefined cold pressed types).
    If anything, I think the best castor oil to use is the Jamaican black castor oil as well as the Haitian one, followed by the cold pressed castor oil. However, many users have claimed that their effects are very similar. JBCO is not available here so I never tried it personally, and don't feel the need to.

Length
    APL/APL/WL

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18
    just baught rosemary oil today. Will mix it in my castor/coconut oils in my next application. Hope it helps my scalp a little. wish me luck
    Iam new here and from egypt too can i ask where do you get your rosemary oil and is it essential oil or it is rosmary in carrier oil?

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curlyhair View Post
    Iam new here and from egypt too can i ask where do you get your rosemary oil and is it essential oil or it is rosmary in carrier oil?
    Hey there! I'm from alex, and I buy mine "captain" brand from fat7allah markets. It's an essential oil and was around 6-7 pounds for 30 ml bottle. or you could ask any herbalist store ( 3etara) for rosemary or "7assa al leban" it's the same thing. if you're in cairo, I think a place like harraz will be carrying it, along with many other goodies. Let me know if you have any more questions.