Page 201 of 267 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

So, I tried a full oiling, scalp massage and down the length. Used 3/4 of a shot glass half olive oil, half castor. The remains are OCM for me.
    Left it on overnight.
    Showered and used an sls shampoo...I think... Partner has the labeled bottle. It is trader Joes knock off of Giovonni Triple treat.
    Also used a fair amount of conditioner to get it off the length, as I scalp wash only.

Felt divine out of the shower.
    A few hours and mostly dry later, I'm impressed.
    No dry feeling patches, not weighted down. Feels healthy soft.
    While I did add a drop to my ends, my test, which is "can I feel the line where it gets dry?" gives this a passing grade.

Next week, I'm adding rosemary eo.
    Last edited by truepeacenik; October 13th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

I've stopped oiling my hair in the spring when I started to use henna and indigo regularly as the oils would strip indigo right out. While my hair looked really healthy and shiny there were so many split ends and broken hairs I had to do a big chop two days ago and now my hair is chin length - the shortest it has been since my early teens and I find I look dreadful but at least my hair is healthy. Now I need it to grow quickly so I'm giving henna a break and I'm back on my oiling routine. I used to mix castor and coffee infused oil together with some EO-s before, and now I'm going to be adding rooibos infused oil to the mix. My hair better appreciate it or I'm going for the army cut next, you hear me, hair?

Quote Originally Posted by kitcatsmeow View Post
    I've been using Pandoras Recipe

Actually a slight variation. I omit the EO except for Tea Tree and just used distilled water.
    Spreads well and I can spray it right on my scalp and it's easier to monitor the amount.
    That blog post quoted here no longer exists. Do any of you know if she restarted it somewhere else? Thanks!

Found it:
    spookyghost posted it here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...p/t-94324.html

"In an 8oz. spray bottle:

Fill spray bottle 1/2 full of rose water and then add filtered water until bottle is 3/4 full.

Now add:

1. 1 tbsp organic coconut oil

2. 1 tbsp castor oil

3. 8-9 drops tea tree oil

4. 8-9 drops lavender oil

5. 6-7 drops rosemary oil

I got all the ingredients about a month ago to make this and havent yet. I have been planning to make it this weekend. My hair does not like coconut oil so I was thinking of using 100% sweet almond oil instead. But what I was really thinking of using was Mira oil. I love it but its so expensive-$80.00 for 4oz. But it slowed my shedding down so much and my hair grew pretty good. So I was thinking of buying it again and using it instead of coconut oil in this formula. It would help the Mira last longer. Plus my local vitamen store has eo's and emu was one of them. I have been dying to try emu oil but once again too expensive. Hers was about 34.00 for Im guess 6oz. "
    Last edited by DarleneH; November 26th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.

Length
    23/27/36
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

DarleneH you will get hooked on that spray bottle. I have two and I love my spritz. I have one with just distilled water and tea tree and the other is rosemary tea with peppermint and almond oil. Its the one I spary in the morning. Tea tree is at night. Enjoy.

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I have been using castor oil every 1 to 2 weeks for about 2 months now. I slather a lot of it on my scalp and give myself a 5 minute massage, rub the excess on my hands through the ends with some baby oil mixed in, wrap in a towel and sleep on it. In the morning I wash with (a lot) of conditioner - currently Vo5 clarifying kiwi or tea therapy - and that gets it out. Then I shampoo scalp with Desert Essence Organics coconut or red raspberry shampoo and treat the ends with same brand conditioner, (I really like this brand), air dry and finger comb.

I love the extra "heft" I feel. I actually feel the heaviness of my hair on my back. My hair feel thicker. It dries with less wave than usual but I still have texture.

Still not able to determine if growth is faster.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

i didnt use castor oil for a month or so, but since yesterday started again. I always like the heavy feeling that it gives my hair and i believe it helps making my hair grow faster.
    All the new hairs are so strong compared to my bleached length that is like cotton candy :S
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Winter break starts in a week for me. I think it'll be a great opportunity to use castor oil+coconut oil again.
    2a / M&C / iii

Length
    17/29.5/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I just recently started using castor oil blended with coconut oil and I love it!! I use it on my scalp, my lashes, and my eyebrows...basically, I bathe in it. I don't really need it for my lashes or brows, but I'm curious. A little more length or fullness would only be a bonus!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I had a not-so-good experience with castor oil; I left it on overnight, and in the morning even a half an hour CO soak couldn't get it all out of my hair And the worst thing is I only noticed how castor-y my hair still was when it started to dry; nothing to be done but to revert to trusty ol' shampoo (& conditioner), even though I really wouldn't have time to wash my hair again, as I was going to go out soon (with -11 C outside today)... But managed to get my hair dry in time and it was fine. But I don't think I'll use castor too much in the future, or if I will I'll make sure to use shampoo the first time, it never fails

Length
    17/29.5/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Rosetta, what CO did you use? I use the Salon Care Apple Pear Conditioner (HUGE jug) from Sally's. It's really runny and light. I slather a ton on my roots and hair, clip it up, do my shower thing, then shampoo and condition like usual. I have never had any castor oil residue left from that. I seriously coat my scalp with castor oil too...need to make sure I get everywhere. You and I seem to have the same hair type.

The Salon Care Apple Pear Conditioner comes in a huge container (128 oz). I pour this in an old Suave conditioner bottle and go.