Page 215 of 267 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

What is the reason for high shredding? Is it because some people are massaging it too much? I started using using Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth by Tropic Isle Living as an alternative to the other castor oil which has a easy to use nozzle:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since using nothing really major stuck out. I normally shed 20 hair normally combing my hair. and another 20 after washing my hair. So basically after combing and washing total shedding is: 40.
    since using the strong root, combing my hair normally is: 20 after washing is 25. Total hair shedding: 45 or maybe less than that.
    I tried some on my eye brows and after a two weeks it made my eye brows slightly thinner. My eye brows where thin anyway. so does anyone think its just going through an "eye brow cycle" and it will regrow in the next few months?

I really dont know if I should ditch the strong root and stick with my pukka cold press castor oil (very hard to wash off) or use my new still sealed Jamaican castor oil from Tropic Isle Living?

Length
    27/Clasc/48
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I didnt use castor oil on my hair, but i used it on my sparse eye brows and OH MY! it worked! i had to stop doing it because it worked so well in just a week. it did seem like it darkened them too

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I ordered some virgin castor oil and now i'm waiting for it to arrive. I'm gonna try it out. My friend told me that it helped her hair grow 7 inches in six months...

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    MBL/Hip/FT
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    I ordered some virgin castor oil and now i'm waiting for it to arrive. I'm gonna try it out. My friend told me that it helped her hair grow 7 inches in six months...
    Wow. That is amazing. Lately my hair has been growing so slowly, I hope to get results half as good as your friend's.
    At hip! Next goal: Tailbone length. Final goal: fingertip length.
    Growing out henna. On a journey back to natural blonde.

1c-2a/F/ii (3")

It's in my wild growth oils .... oil my scalp every other day and my eyebrows everyday ... in the past week I have had to puck my eyebrows 2x so I don't like to a bushman lol

Length
    12/20/26
    Type
    1a/F/i

I just started using castor oil today after reading this thread over the past week. I can't wait to see the results! I'm very hopeful

Hello everyone..
    I just thought I’d write a couple of lines here about my experience with Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

First of all I should probably introduce myself, I’m a 28 year old guy from Sweden, I’m a redhead with wavy hair and I’m currently sporting a rather short hair cut.
    I used to have pretty long hair, which I cut off shortly after I turned 20:

I’ve always shed a lot of hair ever since my teens, especially when washing it.
    Seeing as I still have a full head of hair I’ll just assume I have short hair cycles or something along those lines.

I recently decided to grow it out again so I started looking into products which might help reduce shedding and speed up the growth.

I’ve been using a 1:1 mix with JBCO and Jojoba oil and sometimes I’ll mix the JBCO with Amla oil.
    I tend to massage my scalp with it 2-3 times a week before washing my hair, leaving it in for perhaps 30m to 1h.

For those of you who find the castor oil too sticky, I recommend mixing it with jojoba, amla or any similar oil.
    Secondly I recommend you heat it up and use an applicator bottle in order to facilitate the application on the scalp.

I’ve been doing this for roughly 2 months now and I can definitely say that the results are positive; my hair looks healthier, stronger and I’m experiencing less shedding.
    Now as far as the growth goes, while I haven’t noticed a huge difference in growth rate I believe it’s still too early to tell.

I've just started using castor oil last week for overnight treatments. Mixed it with Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil 50/50, heated and used a pipette to apply to scalp, but overused it as hair was still wet in the morning. I was using coconut or sesame oil infused with Indian herbs for over a year before, but started experiencing shedding about 6 months ago. Hope castor oil will help with that, although it pulled out a lot of hair on that first attempt, same as Indian oils. BTW, after not using any chemicals in my hair for well over a year, Dabur smelled really unpleasant - must be BHT. I wonder if I am just spoiling good product - castor oil by mixing it with Dabur?

Length
    20/25/35+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

how much Castor oil do we need to use in this scalp massage? should just a few drops suffice? I mix mine with EVOO and massage just the scalp (after putting sweet almond oil on the ends) but I often wonder how much oil I truly need to use....

thanks!

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Pixie here... I need me some of this pronto!