Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

So I did a very light oiling saturday and I must say my hair behaved quiet well all day after I washed...

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL

Another application today. Left it on for 12 hours. I can't believe the growth I am experiencing. Those baby hairs that frame my face have gotten longer, but not long enough to put behind my ears. I used to be able to pull off a sleek ponytail with no products at all but now it is not possible. These hairs stick out and can only be flatten with a bobby pin. I NEVER had these baby hairs this long. They were always about half an inch long and laid flat due to them being short and wavy. But now that they're longer it's harder to control. I am so excited to see further growth!

Length
    1/1/20
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I need to start using castor oil again. I made a batch of castor, coconut & essental oils up into a hair mask a while ago, but used it all up & never got around to making some more. It smelled divine.

Good idea to wash it out with conditioner though - it was always awful to wash out. I co-wash half the time anyway, don't know why I didn't think of that!

Type
    1a/F/i

I've started doing the castor oil again. I used to do it, and I liked it. But somehow I got lazy or something.

Anyway, I'm back at it. I just use straight castor oil, part my hair and use a Q-tip to dab the castor oil all along the part line. Repeat.
    I don't get super greasy with it, you just need it on the scalp. Although sometimes I will let it get a little bit through to the ends, and that is fine too.

One thing I like doing is my workout with the castor oil on my scalp. Then when I'm done and my heart rate is up, I bend over at the waist and do my scalp massage.

I'm using Nioxin shampoo now, and it gets the castor oil out very well. I have fine thin hair, and I feel like one of these two things sure seems to be helping. I started the Nioxin about a week prior to the castor oil. My hair seems to be fluffier and I don't feel as self-conscious about my thin hair. So I am keeping up on it.

I'm about 2 weeks into it, doing about 5 days a week, scalp massage, and leaving it on for several hours.

It's hard to imagine such nice results so quickly, but I have been having 'good hair days' after the castor oil treatment.

I'm wanting to try to find rosemary oil to add in. Maybe a few other things too. Been reading....

Length
    -/bsl/hip
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I've been doing the castor oil treatment for a month now (with coconut oil/EVOO and rosemary EO) and I've seen no noticeable results. I have 3cm approx. of new growth which is average for 2 months... I don't notice any change in the thickness either. I'm glad I won't have to sleep with that stench anymore...

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL

Forgot to post. Did another treatment on 9/29/15 for 12 hours

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL

I have another application in for about 5 hours already. Will be removing it in about one hour with diluted conditioner.

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

How many of you use Jamaican black castor oil versus the normal kind? Is there much of a difference besides the way they look and smell?

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireGrin View Post
    How many of you use Jamaican black castor oil versus the normal kind? Is there much of a difference besides the way they look and smell?
    Most people didn't notice better results with JBCO and hated the smell (apparently it smells like an ashtray) so they preferred the regular cold-pressed or pharmacy store brands.

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL

I'm using Jamaican Black Castor Oil by Tropic Isle; I have never used any other because this is what I started with and still haven't run out of. It does smell like smoke, which I don't mind and I definitely have noticed a difference in my hair, might be thickness and even length. JBCO is also different in color which is yellowish unlike the clear color of Castor Oil. Once I run out of JBCO I will buy regular because it is more available and cheaper. THEN I will be able to compare