Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    I've never really timed myself, I just massage it in while watching a film or TV show but I don't think it takes me an hour. I do like to give my scalp a good massage when I do it though so that adds some time. Maybe with practise you will get quicker?

I oil my scalp partly to soften up dry sebum so it's more easily removed. Oils are good at loosening up stuff that needs to be loosened so I would assume that's it unless the coconut oil hadn't properly melted.

Peppermint and eucalyptus oils are great on an itchy scalp, if for no other reason than the relief they bring. I got some scalp reaction to something a little while ago and the sore itchy spots were driving me mad but when I used a blend with those in the coolig zingy sensation had me doing pleasure shivers! Obviously it would be best to get your scalp checked to find the cause though. Oh also rosemary rinses are amazing for scalp problems (an infusion of the herb rather than just the oil though that is good too, I use both).

If you are gentle it shouldn't damage
    Quote Originally Posted by nikegirl View Post
    1. It takes me around one TV show as well so roughly around 45 minutes. I like to get some extra massages in so I tend to take more time on certain days. No set time though.

2. I've never seen white bits on my length other than the coconut oil - but coconut oil tends to melt super fast so I'm not sure if that's what it would be. It probably is the residue on your scalp.

3. I've found ACV washes to be great for itchy scalps. It really helps if you use it in place of a conditioner as it clarifies and strips of all the nasty gunk! I have a naturally very itchy, dry scalp and ACV has helped to cure that. My sister had scalp psoriasis and her scalp is naturally very oily - and she uses ACV as well. She no longer has the psoriasis.

4. Nope, just as long as you aren't ripping, snagging, pulling too hard, etc! Be kind
    Thank you both!!!! Really appreciate that you took the time to reply.

It takes me time because I think I have lots of hair and in order to get the scalp for sure, I have to separate the hair in very small sections. So I guess that is the part that is the most time consuming.

The white bits I assume are the shed I get from my scalp. After I washed my hair, I had none left on my scalp and on my length.

The itchiness is really getting better (I need to oil more often) and so are the white bits... I have none so far and my scalp has itched very little or not at all. There is something really in this... I use white vinegar from time to time after I wash... It helps with the shine of my hair. I use it very diluted and then I rinse and put conditioner (to help with the smell lol)

No pulling or ripping ... But I asked since I moved my hair from one way to the other to make sure I got the oil on my scalp.

Finally, my hair was BIG... Like really fluffy after this wash... Not sure if because of the coconut oil or what... Also, might be not related at all, but I'm noticing more of a red tone in general ... I used to get just on my ends (I have dark hair) and not sure if it is because I'm graying and the white hairs are coming out more or if it is for another reason (summer perhaps) ....

Anyway... I need to do this more often ... It does really help my scalp

Thank you all

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL

I put another application on September 6 and left it overnight. I have started cowashing since beginning of September. I have been using suave coconut conditioner and cannot believe that with just one wash I remove everything. I don't even have to use a lot of conditioner. My hair is left completely oil free and with volume. I love it.
    As for time it takes to put on an application, it takes me about 15 minutes to apply and massage. It used to take me a long time until I got better practice and found a shortcut. I do the fingertip method. You just smear one fingertip, I like using the middle finger, with oil. Then you smear that fingertip with the rest of the fingertips using the opposite fingertips. Then I run my fingertips onto my scalp and massage at the same time. That's it. Super fast.

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosance View Post
    I put another application on September 6 and left it overnight. I have started cowashing since beginning of September. I have been using suave coconut conditioner and cannot believe that with just one wash I remove everything. I don't even have to use a lot of conditioner. My hair is left completely oil free and with volume. I love it.
    As for time it takes to put on an application, it takes me about 15 minutes to apply and massage. It used to take me a long time until I got better practice and found a shortcut. I do the fingertip method. You just smear one fingertip, I like using the middle finger, with oil. Then you smear that fingertip with the rest of the fingertips using the opposite fingertips. Then I run my fingertips onto my scalp and massage at the same time. That's it. Super fast.
    Thanks for sharing...do you find you get a good coverage? I used to do it like this but I had doubts so I switched to some other method of application...

I have really really dry hair since teenager and did all sorts of way to help my hair but none works. Chopped my hair into a pixie cut about 2 years ago and been doing co washing! Mom just bought me castor oil SHAMPOO cause she's worried about not using shampoo

Then I googled about castor oil and found this thread! Bought castor and coconut oil! Can't wait to try! Hope it helps!!! Opps Hahaha I am new to LHC!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Welcome to LHC Ashleywtgf. I brought some JBCO conditioner by Sunny Isle, they do a shampoo too that I might try (not tried the conditioner yet). The ingredients look great though.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL

Quote Originally Posted by arelrios View Post
    Thanks for sharing...do you find you get a good coverage? I used to do it like this but I had doubts so I switched to some other method of application...
    I go over hard to reach areas twice to make sure I have enough coverage; this areas are everywhere but the edges. I do get very good coverage because not only can I see results but I can also see all the oiliness only around my scalp.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Weekly treatment is on, so happy I'm actually able to keep up with my routine. Also, my DH finally called me a crazy person for putting oil on my hair. I've been waiting for him to say something for months.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Weekly treatment is on, so happy I'm actually able to keep up with my routine. Also, my DH finally called me a crazy person for putting oil on my hair. I've been waiting for him to say something for months.
    When my boyfriend started coming to visit for periods longer than a weekend I thought "oh no, he's going to see all the unstylish things I do with oils, mud, honey etc" but actually he didn't bat an eye at it and in fact has adopted things like oiling and vinegar rinses etc. I think me being generally weird was part of the appeal though
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    When my boyfriend started coming to visit for periods longer than a weekend I thought "oh no, he's going to see all the unstylish things I do with oils, mud, honey etc" but actually he didn't bat an eye at it and in fact has adopted things like oiling and vinegar rinses etc. I think me being generally weird was part of the appeal though
    My parents saw what I was doing and adopted the idea too! And they got great results and loved the oil!!

Did the first overnight treatment and I have never felt my hair so smooth and soft in my hair! It's my life saver!!! Shall do this regularly and see how it goes!!! Starting to applying it on my brows and lashes too! 😃