Page 257 of 267 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I actually stopped applying it for a while and wasn't consistant enough to see results. I was tired of the greasy feeling because I wanted to keep it on my hair for day, so I'll just put castor oil on my scalp and put the hair up all the time. I was still using shampoo so getting it out was not a problem.
    I actually want to try again. Since starting to co-wash ( for 4 weeks now) and going silicone free, I was avoiding heavy oils thinking conditioner won't get rid of it.
    Well this week-end I decided to go ahead and drench my hair in SHEA BUTTER (yes, you heard it right, BUTTER) that was softened with a little olive oil and kept it for an hour. I successfully co-washed it out, I think this deserves a thread lol. My hair was completely dry, very soft, but not greasy soft, just soft fluffy pretty well cleansed hair.
    Since I could co-wash that out I think I could get away with castor oil, LOL.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Does somebody knows about Jamaican black castor oil? I saw this at Kruidvat by the ethnical hairproducts. Should it be better than the normal castor oil?

To tell the truth, I heard about such tip for the first one from your thread

Length
    10/25/35
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

This thread is great. I use castor oil on my face and will watch this thread for more great advice.

I actually started using it on my face too. I don't see much difference on my scars but they are pretty deep. If you have noticed anything, you can keep me posted!

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm sitting here now with mixed castor oil and aloë veragel on my scalp :-) I will sleep with it and wash my hair tomorrow. I used the black version of the castor oil.

Length
    SL/HIP/TERM
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

I use organic castor oil. I do not think it stimulates hair growth, but I have seen a difference in health. I don't use just castor though. I use one part castor oil, another part coconut. The texture of castor oil is so insanely thick, coconut oil really helps to thin it out. It makes it much easier to work with.

Anywho, I do this every single day (as my hair tends to be a bit dry - despite having virgin hair and never using direct heat) and my hair seems happy.

Photo: 2017
    As of 2022: Cut to WL > Growing back to TBL

Quote Originally Posted by summergame View Post
    I'm sitting here now with mixed castor oil and aloë veragel on my scalp :-) I will sleep with it and wash my hair tomorrow. I used the black version of the castor oil.
    Sound relaxing! What is the aloe vera gel good for?

Length
    BSL/WL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by summergame View Post
    So what do you think of the black castor oil from Kruidvat? Any good? I'm considering buying it since my bottle of castor oil is almost empty. (Well, maybe not 'almost', I guess I just like buying hair products , who doesn't?)
    "All of us, grave or light,
    get our thoughts entangled in metaphors,
    and act fatally on the strength of them.”

Length
    28/28/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I have read through most of this thread and it has been super helpful. I've used coconut oil in the past and wasn't super impressed (it also made me shed like crazy), but I've heard good things about castor oil and after reading this thread, I'm excited to give it a try.