Page 258 of 267 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    29/36.5/50+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I just got some castor oil that I'm going to start using probably tomorrow night. What do y'all mix it with (if anything)?
    BSL -> MBL -> WL -> HL -> BCL -> TBL -> Classic -> ???

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by megthehennahead View Post
    I just got some castor oil that I'm going to start using probably tomorrow night. What do y'all mix it with (if anything)?
    I mix mine with olive oil.
    On my way to BSL...

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I don't mix mine with anything. I put it undiluted on my edges/part/temples, then finish the rest of my scalp oiling with my almond oil+rosemary/lavender/tea tree mix. I could...probably just mix it into that, but it's so thick and my hair is so...my hair that I like to be able to control the amount and where it ends up.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I swear by castor oil it has helped so much in my scalp care. My scalp is now very healthy, so my hair growth is at it's ultimate potential.

I mix equal parts of EVOO and castor oil
    I then put 4 teaspoons of Jojoba and argan oil. These are nice light oils and help thin out the heaviness of evoo and castor.

2 drops Peppermint, rosemary,tea tree and lavender. Nice smell and again helps with my scalp. Please be really careful and really research if essential oils suit you, also avoid if your pregnant too.
    Mix well

I fully oil my scalp and hair and leave it in 4-6 hours under plastic cap and knitted hat.
    I put shampoo on dry hair first, massage, then rinse out. I then re shampoo again, rinse. Lots of conditioner massaged into length. It helps me fully get all the oil out.

I've noticed hair improvement but I do other things for my hair.

Castor oil really makes my hair soft and shiny too.
    Last edited by janeytilllie; May 7th, 2017 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I usually use plain coconut oil but last night I did a fairly heavy oiling with coconut + castor (probably about 1/4 tsp castor in 1 Tbsp coconut). We'll see how this goes!

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...

Length
    29/36.5/50+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    I usually use plain coconut oil but last night I did a fairly heavy oiling with coconut + castor (probably about 1/4 tsp castor in 1 Tbsp coconut). We'll see how this goes!
    I did coconut and castor oil several days ago and my hair was SO SOFT after! I do coconut oil fairly often, and I think the castor oil really boosted it.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL -> HL -> BCL -> TBL -> Classic -> ???

Length
    Chin/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I used castor oil for the first time on Saturday, mixed with Amla oil. I washed it out using a conditioner and the tiniest amount of diluted shampoo on my scalp (squeezing it through some of my length) and my hair feels insanely soft. I noticed some hairs in the tub afterwards but I usually shed some when I wash my hair. In conjunction with catnip treatments, I hope my hair will end up thicker and stronger over time.

Hi I have been using castor oil for sometime now and my hair has remarkably grown a few inches fast.

But I am more interested in growing new hair since I have a problematic hair line .The few inches closer to hair line has very thin , curly frizzy hair and can almost see the scalp like a bald patch , right at the front in the middle.

Any of you know anything for me to try to regrow hair in this area ? Any thing that worked for you?

Thanks for any help.

Length
    chin/28"/32"
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Hi I have been using castor oil for sometime now and my hair has remarkably grown a few inches fast.

But I am more interested in growing new hair since I have a problematic hair line .The few inches closer to hair line has very thin , curly frizzy hair and can almost see the scalp like a bald patch , right at the front in the middle.

Any of you know anything for me to try to regrow hair in this area ? Any thing that worked for you?

Thanks for any help.
    This is a very late response, but I use an abraisive face wash that needs to be kept away from hair, and I've noticed more growth in that spot when it doesn't get soapy. So, keep face wash away from your hairline.

Length
    17/waist/knee
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have been committed to doing a full oiling of my scalp with coconut and castor oil for the past three weeks once a week. I now have so much new hair growth that when I put my hair in a bun I have so many wispies it looks like I cut some layers or are growing out bangs. This mixture makes my hair very soft and silky. I am a water only washer so I get the oil out with eggs. I sit with the oil on my head all day, separate out the yolk, spread it around my scalp and then spread the egg white all over my hair. I leave the egg on for 30 minutes and rinse with water.
    Lady Cocoa Silk of the Longhaired Knights!
    My beautiful dark chocolate colored hair flowing through the winds
    toward the shaded canopy of chocolate trees.