Page 259 of 267 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I just bought black castor oil at a health food store today, when I noticed the same bottle next to it was cheaper in price, they both look the same, the ingredient on both says 100% black castor oil so im wondering and wondering why the difference in price. I asked the sales lady and she pointed out that one is Jamaican and the other is Haitian, duh me its says it on the label, does anyone know the difference between the two? The name of the brand is called OKAY.
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChocolate View Post
    I have been committed to doing a full oiling of my scalp with coconut and castor oil for the past three weeks once a week. I now have so much new hair growth that when I put my hair in a bun I have so many wispies it looks like I cut some layers or are growing out bangs. This mixture makes my hair very soft and silky. I am a water only washer so I get the oil out with eggs. I sit with the oil on my head all day, separate out the yolk, spread it around my scalp and then spread the egg white all over my hair. I leave the egg on for 30 minutes and rinse with water.
    I've never heard about getting the oil out with egg. I need to try this next time i oil my hair.

Length
    TWA/APL/Waist
    Type
    4b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by reilly0167 View Post
    I just bought black castor oil at a health food store today, when I noticed the same bottle next to it was cheaper in price, they both look the same, the ingredient on both says 100% black castor oil so im wondering and wondering why the difference in price. I asked the sales lady and she pointed out that one is Jamaican and the other is Haitian, duh me its says it on the label, does anyone know the difference between the two? The name of the brand is called OKAY.
    The only difference, other than location of origin, is the Haitian one is a bit lighter and causes less buildup.

Castor oil is great for preventing split ends. I only use it on soaking wet hair and rinse off the excess.
    No shampoo
    No conditioner
    APL to BSL come grow with me!

Length
    29/36.5/50+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I think I need to get back on the castor oil wagon... My scalp has been dry with the winter weather, and I'd love to have the faster growth I had last summer... when I was using castor oil. I think I'll try again before my next wash and try using conditioner to remove it first. That would make it a lot more convenient to use.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL -> HL -> BCL -> TBL -> Classic -> ???

Yes I agree on castor oil is very important for hair growth but I suggest before sleeping hair massage from oil is better for hair growth and regular exercises, yoga is hair fall control and best natural treatment for hair growth.

Length
    29/36.5/50+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I did a Jamaican black castor oil and coconut oil hot oiling on Friday night, so no report back on growth just yet... but my hair is very silky and shiny! I was trying the hairstyle of the month and it kept slipping out.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL -> HL -> BCL -> TBL -> Classic -> ???

Hi everyone,

I have very oily hair at the roots and dry at the bottom (wash it every night).

My hair is also quite thin at the moment (I’m currently wearing a hair piece over it, after experiencing hair loss).

I’m planning to start massaging in Jamaican black castor oil to promote hair growth and health.

I want to massage it into my hair and sit under the steamer for 30 mins (once a week) – is there any reason why I shouldn’t do this (could sitting under steamer with castor oil damage my scalp/hair)?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of carrier or essential oils to include to combat the excess oiliness of my hair?

Thanks!

Bought some castor oil today. I'm thinking about doing an overnight oil treatment tomorrow.

Castor oil contains natural compounds that promote hair growth. A large percentage of castor oil contains Ricinoleic acid, one of the essential amino acids required by the human body. It’s an Omega-9 fatty acid that can penetrate into the pores of the skin and the hair follicles. It provides nourishment, enabling the hair follicles to restore growth to a normal level.
    It’s important to use a product that can reach the hair follicles, as the hair shaft itself is dead. There’s not much that can be done to treat current hair, other than apply castor oil conditioners, but the hair follicles are what’s responsible for creating new hair growth. These follicles can be persuaded to grow healthy, normal hair.Castor oil will also protect existing hair follicles, keeping hair from being shed too quickly. The oil will also lessen the impact of sunshine and pollution.

Castor oil will also return the scalp to the optimum pH level, cure acne and dandruff. It will keep the organism population under control, which is what causes acne outbreaks and fungal growths such as dandruff. Overall, it’s an all-purpose hair and scalp restorative.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Wow, this thread has been going on for quite a while!

Ok, so I found this video on pregnancy postpartum hairloss and what to do about it, and found this very encouraging.

https://youtu.be/1Zd835DlYdU

So she mixes avocado oil and castor oil 50/50, with drops of rosemary EO. I will give this a shot when that time arrives, feels a bit like cheating almost like you are just supposed to endure some hairloss postpartum, but why do that if there is a way to prevent it? I would love to keep my thickness and hair lenght that I got from this pregnancy.

I did a test drive two days ago with mixing amla oil an castor oil (as I have not any avocado oil at the moment). I did quite a heavy oiling, a few tablespoons. The results are already amazing! My hair is super sleek and shiny, also my scalp feels very clean and well nourished. I am surprised over how shiny it makes my hair compared to just using amla oil alone or coconut oil.

After years of oiling my hair, doing a heavy oiling is not a problem for me anymore. I wash it out with one shampooing (mild sls free), just massage it well all over, add some water and continue to work it before rinsing it out. I feel that for the castor oil method to really do it's magic, it might require heavy oiling 1-3 times a week.