Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267
Results 2,661 to 2,666 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    17"/17"/34"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

So far im using a blend where castor oil makes up at least 1/3-1/2 of the bottle. I mixed certain essential oils, grapeseed oil, and argan oil. When im using straight castor oil I noticed that a lot goes a long way however it makes my hair feel great. I do a hair mask with it on wash day and apply a really small amount of it on specifically on my ends before brushing my hair out.

In the few days when I first started using it, my hair has felt so much better. Didnt notice build up.

I will say that it's better if you mix it with other carrier oils like jojoba, argan, almond, avocado, rapeseed, apricot, rosehip, coconut, sunflower or olive to make application easier. Gentle heat will also help with making it more fluid and add a few extra benefits. If you're going for essential oils, castor oil is a good carrier oil to dilute them with (as you always should).

As for helping people's hair grow, it has yet to be determined by dermitologists that castor oil by itself helps hair growth, but it certainly helps with moisture.

Length
    waist/TB/long

I have never used it on my hair, but castor oil is WONDERFUL for the oil cleansing method (OCM) for the face. I have gone back to that, and my skin is doing great on it.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I've been using it with coconut, olive, shea butter, rosemary, ginger, rose hip, sweet almond, grape seed oils and some vitamin E, I just mixed all of these into a bottle to oil my scalp as a weekly routine, and recently I added some microwaved honey, it feels stickier, but I can wash it off by shampooing twice, then I do a rice water rinse or ACV rinse. I'm doing so many hair care routines that my hair does grow a lot, but I think it's a collaborated effort of oil, improved nutrition and sleep, massage, micro-needling, LLLT, and exercise, to the point I can't tell which one works best lol.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; October 3rd, 2022 at 07:59 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Is it really effective?

To be honest, I've tried almost everything. I came across hair loss at first and don't know what to do. I have already consulted a doctor, I take vitamins and keep a healthy diet. I also came across idk about this at idk about this either and it seems like a good option. Any reviews? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ylva; October 24th, 2022 at 09:57 AM.

Length
    jaw/apl+/hip
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I add it to almost everything. DTs, Masks, Oils, Creams. Can’t say much about growth, but I love the thickening and conditioning it offers. However, I’m not a fan of putting it on my scalp because it feels heavy and weighs it down (even with other carrier oils) but I love love love it on my length and ends.