Page 50 of 267 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

This thread inspired me to mix some castor oil in with my normal hair oils today(which lately have been rice bran and sweet almond oil). I didn't thin it enough so it was really hard to put on my scalp, but I thinned it out for the length. I'm going to wash it out in a few minutes. I can't wait!

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

i been wondering what he difference between JBCO and regular caster oil from the pharmacy? Pros? Cons? Benifits?

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dina L. View Post
    I didn't notice any darkening yet, but I have brown hair...
    And I also had dry scalp that is gone! I use the babylove pflegebad from DM to wash my hair and I'm very happy with it, it takes all the oil out of my hair.
    To mix it: try olive oil 1:1 ratio.
    Thank you, will try the olive + castor oil mix this weekend! Unfortunately I am allergic to the chamomilla recutita in babylove pflegebad, I hope I can find a similar product!

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedLady View Post
    i been wondering what he difference between JBCO and regular caster oil from the pharmacy? Pros? Cons? Benifits?
    What does that mean?
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    What does that mean?
    You mean JBCO? Its Jamacian black castor oil. As the name implies it is a sticky brownish/black oil. I hear that it works just the same as the regular yellow oil as far as growth is concerned (and the regular variety won't stain your clothes brown! )
    Last edited by christine1989; March 18th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by christine1989 View Post
    You mean JBCO? Its Jamacian black castor oil. As the name implies it is a sticky brownish/black oil. I hearyellow that it works just the same as the regular castor oil as far as growth is concerned (and the regular variety won't stain your clothes brown! )
    Thank you! Why would one use the brown rather than the yellow then?
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    Thank you! Why would one use the brown rather than the yellow then?
    I believe it is less refined and some people think that makes it slightly healthier for hair. They both contain the same amount of omega 9s though which is the main feature of castor oil that makes it good for hair.

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by christine1989 View Post
    I believe it is less refined and some people think that makes it slightly healthier for hair. They both contain the same amount of omega 9s though which is the main feature of castor oil that makes it good for hair.
    Thank you

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Well, I washed my castor/jojoba mix off my hair this morning, and although I couldn't say for sure, I think there was less shedding than usual! I hope it wasn't just a fluke, would love it if this could help me shed less. No problem washing it out, either - I started with a bit of conditioner, rinsed, shampooed and rinsed, and voila, no more oil.

I'm also using it on a thin spot in one eyebrow where I overplucked ages ago. Should be easy to see if it promotes growth there!

Length
    26.4"/27"/31.5"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RetroKitten View Post
    Thank you, will try the olive + castor oil mix this weekend! Unfortunately I am allergic to the chamomilla recutita in babylove pflegebad, I hope I can find a similar product!
    Hm. Maybe try Dulgon's babyshampoo. I'm not sure if it's camomille-free, but some "castor-ladies" here in Hungary love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedLady View Post
    I guess JBCO is unrefined. My castor oil from the pharmacy has no color and no smell at all.
    Did you find a proper Aloe vera gel? Shall I still check the names that are sold here? I promised that a few of days ago...
    Mum, when I grow up I'll be a photographer!