Page 52 of 267 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    SL/37"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I've been mixing very small amounts of castor oil with almond oil in a very small bowl. It doesn't take much of the mix to cover the scalp. This way it is easy to wash out. It works fine as a pre-wash with all the benefits and none of the negatives.
    Silver-haired temptress of the order of the gaming Knights.

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CAPA7 View Post
    Ok, so I'm going to try castor oil for the first time on friday night. I have bought a little plastic bottle with a pointed tip which I'm going to use to apply the oil to my scalp only before massaging it in, does that sound alright? Will I need to make the hole at the tip very large (people have been commenting on how castor oil is quite gunky)?
    If other people use the same method for applying it, do you wash the bottle after each use or do you just keep the left over oil inside for the next time? I'm wondering whether it's very hygienic, seeing how I won't be able to actually close the tip once I pierce it...
    I use an old hair dyeing bottle for my castor oil application. I just mix the castor oil plus some sweet almond oil and a bit of lavender oil in the bottle, and I apply that to my scalp. I put enough in the bottle for several uses too. The hole at the tip if mine isn't huge, it's just the same size it was for the hair dye (it was one of those bottles that you break the tip off once you've mixed the dye in it, so the hole isn't very huge).

The other night I tried warming the mixture before applying it, and that seemed to make it a bit runnier. I'm not too worried about the oil going "off" even though the tip is open because oil takes awhile to become rancid or go off, and I'll definitely finish the oil before then.
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    10 in/TBish/Clsic
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I just mixed some jojoba oil, some of nightblooming's oil, and castor oil (haven't gotten my camellia oil yet) and put it in my hair, I also used some of the leave in conditioner from nightblooming too, it's wonderful!!!! My hair feels soooooo good, the smell is taking some getting used too though... I'll keep you all updated on my hair growth. I do have a question though, I have green/hazel eyes. If I use castor or camellia oil on my eyelashes, does it change the color of my eyes? I know the eye lash growth formulas out there do, and I don't want that to happen to me, so does anyone have any info on that? Thanks!

Length
    26.4"/27"/31.5"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sakuramoon08 View Post
    If I use castor or camellia oil on my eyelashes, does it change the color of my eyes? I know the eye lash growth formulas out there do, and I don't want that to happen to me, so does anyone have any info on that? Thanks!
    No, it has nothing to do with the eyes! Castor oil will only make your lashes grow longer and thicker.
    Mum, when I grow up I'll be a photographer!

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I have tried the 50:50 olive oil + castor oil mix yesterday and I am not happy with it. The mix feels too heavy and too drying for my scalp. Even after shampooing there is still a lot of olive oil in my roots. I guess this mix is not so good for my type of hair and I will have to find something else to use with castor oil.

Has anyone tried mixing it with butters? Shea? Cacao?

Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

I started use castor oil last month.
    I use it for my nails, eyelashes and my hair.

For my hair, i put on my scalp before sleep (i mix with jojoba oil for better easy appliance) ,let all night and in morning i wash my hair (2 times in week)

All of them got better, and i feel my hairs are growing faster.

Length
    0.5/31/40
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Legleg View Post
    I started use castor oil last month.
    I use it for my nails, eyelashes and my hair.

For my hair, i put on my scalp before sleep (i mix with jojoba oil for better easy appliance) ,let all night and in morning i wash my hair (2 times in week)

All of them got better, and i feel my hairs are growing faster.
    Merhaba Legleg! How does it affect your nails? Is it more about growth or less breakage?

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

depends on context and type of hair you have that determines how many times you will have to wash it in a week for me ihave to wash it 3 times after 2 days of not washing it starts to look flat stringy and oily.

Length
    ???/Hip?/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerise View Post
    I use an old hair dyeing bottle for my castor oil application. I just mix the castor oil plus some sweet almond oil and a bit of lavender oil in the bottle, and I apply that to my scalp. I put enough in the bottle for several uses too. The hole at the tip if mine isn't huge, it's just the same size it was for the hair dye (it was one of those bottles that you break the tip off once you've mixed the dye in it, so the hole isn't very huge).

The other night I tried warming the mixture before applying it, and that seemed to make it a bit runnier. I'm not too worried about the oil going "off" even though the tip is open because oil takes awhile to become rancid or go off, and I'll definitely finish the oil before then.
    Thanks, that's very helpful!

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

would coconut oil be better than say almond oil or grapeseed oil as far as pentrating the shaft of the hair?