Page 53 of 267 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    17/26/30

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

So which type of castor oil has worked the best, the refined processed kind that is sold in walmart, or the coldpressed unrefined kind?

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by River_Tam View Post
    So which type of castor oil has worked the best, the refined processed kind that is sold in walmart, or the coldpressed unrefined kind?

I'm not sure. I just buy the one from the walgreens pharmacy. i want to try JBCO though.

Account Closed by Member Request

I was going to try this but the oil was too thick. I'm going to blend it with some of nightshade's triple moon oil and test this out!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedLady View Post
    would coconut oil be better than say almond oil or grapeseed oil as far as pentrating the shaft of the hair?
    Yes I think coconut penetrates the hair shaft followed by olive oil. I don't think any other oils do this.

Length
    SHLDR/32/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I've been using JBCO for years now and I have a funny question to ask.

Does anybody else think that certain kinds of castor oil smell a little bit like cigarettes or a dirty ashtray?

Or is it just me??

Length
    Hip/clsc+/Term?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by River_Tam View Post
    It probably shouldn't matter much. The active part is ricinoleic acid, which is up to 95% of the oil, and should be the same even if it's been purified.
    I got both processed oil from the pharmacy and cold pressed, and only the smell was a little different (neither smelled much anyway.) They both were sticky and thick and seem to have the same effect on my hair/scalp.

Length
    11"/41/44
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tina1025 View Post
    Please read the following article. I don’t know if it’s a good idea for a pregnant female to use it on their hair.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/co...Castor_Oil.asp
    Castor oil, taken internally, is a traditional method for triggering labour when mamma can't take it anymore. I don't think it would be a problem when used externally.

Hair is vitally personal to children. They weep vigorously when it is cut for the first time; no matter how it grows, ~Charles Chaplin

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

okay so how strange is this.. i was checking all the shampoo and conditioner in my bathroom (i have alot my mom and i both change our stuff all the time and trade off lol) well anyways this conditioner from suave professionals the damage care in the light blue bottle has hydrogenated castor oil in it... how strange.. has anyone else noticed castor oil any of their shampoo or conditioner?

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by angela123 View Post
    okay so how strange is this.. i was checking all the shampoo and conditioner in my bathroom (i have alot my mom and i both change our stuff all the time and trade off lol) well anyways this conditioner from suave professionals the damage care in the light blue bottle has hydrogenated castor oil in it... how strange.. has anyone else noticed castor oil any of their shampoo or conditioner?

not in mine.I buy aubrey organics and Kiss my Face whenever. But my leave in conditioner from Aussie has it.

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

I've just started using castor oil. I have moderately severe hair loss from radiation treatment so I'll keep updates on if it works for me. I'm also using the Morocco Method shampoos.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!