Page 91 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicAndMayhem View Post
    So I normally put castor oil on my eyebrows...well, tonight I decided to put it on my hair. I have a bald-ish spot near my hair line, so I put some on that. I mixed about a table spoon of oil in a cup of water. It didn't exactly mix well so now my hair is super oily!!! Ugh I hope this washes out tomorrow morning.....

Any suggestions how to get it all mixed up?
    I used castor oil for a sparse spot on my hairline too. I used just a teeny tiny amount of pure, undiluted castor oil on the scal area of that spot. All you need is about a pinky nail full of it. You don't need to worry about greasy hair since the scalp will absorb most of it. I don't reccomend mixing it since oil (especially thick oil) and water will not mix. If you really feel like it needs to be diluted then I reccomend a light oil to thin it out (sweet almond works great). Best of luck! It worked wonders for me.
    There are two types of people in the world; those who play to win and those who play not to lose.

I found one pic from before and included in my album. I'm sorry I don't post it here but I'm just too stupid.
    Please, nevermind the shape. I change it from time to time. So I don't know if anything's visible... I see something. At least thickness of hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicAndMayhem View Post
    So I normally put castor oil on my eyebrows...well, tonight I decided to put it on my hair. I have a bald-ish spot near my hair line, so I put some on that. I mixed about a table spoon of oil in a cup of water. It didn't exactly mix well so now my hair is super oily!!! Ugh I hope this washes out tomorrow morning.....

Any suggestions how to get it all mixed up?
    Oil and water don't mix...but maybe put it in a bottle and shake like crazy before applying? I use a q-tip to apply it along my hairline and lashline. Cone free conditioner massaged into the scalp will remove oil better than anything else.

Type
    2a/F/ii

Well I stopped using Castor oil for a couple of months and my shedding got as bad as it was before I used Castor oil.

Now after 2-3 weeks of oiling every 3-4 days my shedding is low again, negligible even. Not to mention my scalp doesn't itch at all anymore.

Castor oil rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscata View Post
    Well I stopped using Castor oil for a couple of months and my shedding got as bad as it was before I used Castor oil.

Now after 2-3 weeks of oiling every 3-4 days my shedding is low again, negligible even. Not to mention my scalp doesn't itch at all anymore.

Castor oil rules.
    It really does. Glad to hear your shedding has gone down.

Looking back at pictures of my hair over the course of 10 months..it has thicked up a LOT, thanks to castor oil.

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    It really does. Glad to hear your shedding has gone down.

Looking back at pictures of my hair over the course of 10 months..it has thicked up a LOT, thanks to castor oil.
    I know what I mean I have a few inch long fuzz all around my head!

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Does anyone here cut their castor oil with olive oil? I love love EVOO and when I put it on my hair, it is amazing. I'd really love to put some of this stuff on my hair, since I hear it helps with growth and give hair mega moisture. :3

I finally got some castor oil a few days ago, mostly to make my eyelashes look better. How often do most of you guys put it on your eyelashes? I use it only at night.

~maborosi~

Length
    BSL/36.5/42
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Update time! I have been using castor oil as an eye-makeup remover almost every night for 27 days. My eyelashes are certainly a bit longer. I need to find an eye-lash brush or such because they actually can get tangled up now, LOL. o_o I have been using it on my eyebrows too and have not noticed any additional thickness where I want it, but saw (and plucked lol) new stray hairs where I have never seen them grow before.

I have been a slacker when it comes to putting the oil on my hairline. Rinsing it out doesn't work well with wanting to cut back on washings. This has been becoming a once-a-weekish routine and I'm not sure how well it'll work that way..

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Updates! Ok so my hair is finally touching my shoulders again. Still not growing very fast though. Still shedding but its not becuase of the castor oil i know that much. I have been using castor oil and grapeseed oil with a little EO. But will be switching up to CO/EVOO with a few drops of EO. Since 50/50 is still to sticky i might dilute teh castor oil a bit more so that the solution is 40/60 so that i comes out of my hair a bit easier. The stickier it is the harder it is for me to get it out and the more pulling it does on my hair. But i just love doing treatments. i haven tbeen keeping up on it as much as i should sometimes i forget but im trying. I have done it once this week. i have to shower 2-3 times a week but i only CO-wash and then clarify once a month. but so far i see ALOT of new growth just not in the areas im thin like my temple area. I might have to work on that area a bit more. Its my temple area down behind the ears and then around the neck line. I'm still trying to find the right product regimine also. but i might just say the hell with it and go find an olive oil shampoo and conditioner and call it good LOL.

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I started using the second batch of the infused castor oil I prepared, and I really love it. The tea tree oil I add in my castor/coconut mix is amazing and helps alot with my shedding, dandruff, and itchiness. I have been lazy with washing my hair recently and I can sense some buildup, but I'm still trying to apply my castor oil atleast 2-3 x per week. I'm really not sure about my growth rate as I don't feel any particular increase, but somehow my hair kind of feels heavier. Not sure if it's my imagination though lol.
    Either way, I think castor oil is a keeper for me and I plan on buying more in the coming 2 weeks so I can infuse it before my current batch is used up.
    My length check photos are due in one week ( 3 months since I cut my hair), but I don't think I'll have time to straighten my hair for that, we'll see.