Page 99 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    2/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

So I reached APL in the beginning of April, around the time I started using castor oil weekly. Since then I have tried to chill out about growth I keep braid waves in so it sort of artificially shortens it and I don't ( well sometimes ) obsess about length. Well I kept feeling it swishing in what seems to be around the ends of my shoulder blades . I thought it was just my imagination because i haven't had this long of hair in so, so long but I looked in the mirror and
    felt for the end of my bone and wow it's there. I have a natural V going on and its well situated there at the ends of my shoulder blades.
    I can't believe it , it seems like it is really picking up growth speed. I'll have to reserve judgment for
    after the summer when it cools off but dang. Way to go hair.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    ...how do you coordinate these oil treatments with henna? I've read that you shouldn't use coconut oil on your hair for a few days after henna, as it can leach the dye from the hair... how long should I wait before doing a castor oil scalp treatment?...

Any thread members that do henna? Or would this question be better asked on the henna thread?

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    Any thread members that do henna? Or would this question be better asked on the henna thread?
    It might be a question better posed in the henna thread. Sorry I can't be of any help!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I do henna regularly but I have dark hair so henna doesn't show up that much anyway. It only gives me a reddish highlights-sort of thing. But either way, I think waiting 3 days after a henna treatment would be enough to prevent any colour loss. I always do it right after anyway and I notice no colour change.

Length
    26.4"/27"/31.5"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    I do henna regularly but I have dark hair so henna doesn't show up that much anyway. It only gives me a reddish highlights-sort of thing. But either way, I think waiting 3 days after a henna treatment would be enough to prevent any colour loss. I always do it right after anyway and I notice no colour change.
    Cleopatra, did you notice faster growth thanked for the henna treatments? I'm on a Hungarian forum where somebody mentioned this and I wonder if anybody else has the same experience.
    Mum, when I grow up I'll be a photographer!

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Thanks for the replies! I henna'd my roots about 4 days ago, so I'm probably ok now! *rushes off to goop some oil on my head*

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dina L. View Post
    Cleopatra, did you notice faster growth thanked for the henna treatments? I'm on a Hungarian forum where somebody mentioned this and I wonder if anybody else has the same experience.
    No, not really. I used to apply it once/month though so I can't imagine how it would give faster growth this way, maybe if applied more often. It did make my scalp very happy though (no the usual itchiness or dandruff or dry etc) and it gives the hair much thicker feeling.

Length
    30'/33'/40'
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I have been hearing about this and was thinking about trying it for eyelashes. (I have dark thick eyelashes anyway but as I dont wear mascara...). I was all ready to try it when I read some reviews saying it can make eyelashes fall out and cause eye conditions. I have a mascara brush I was going to try it with.

I dont mind no results, but if I lost my eyelashes I would be devastated. Has anyone tried this? What should I dilute with?
    Lady Zarbryn of Feline Grace in the order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    26.4"/27"/31.5"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Guenhwyvar View Post
    I have been hearing about this and was thinking about trying it for eyelashes. (I have dark thick eyelashes anyway but as I dont wear mascara...). I was all ready to try it when I read some reviews saying it can make eyelashes fall out and cause eye conditions. I have a mascara brush I was going to try it with.

I dont mind no results, but if I lost my eyelashes I would be devastated. Has anyone tried this? What should I dilute with?
    I had no problems putting it (undiluted) on my eyelashes. It made them longer and thicker.
    Mum, when I grow up I'll be a photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by Guenhwyvar View Post

I wouldn't dilute it, it's more comfy to apply to the lashes when the oil is thicker. Eventually your eyelashes will fall out, with or without castor oil. One falls out, the other one is on the way. I wouldn't worry about it... It made mine grow thicker and longer. I was quite pleased.