Thread: Can hair thickness increase?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Can hair thickness increase?

Congratulations on your increased thickness.

I had a decrease from 4" to my current 2.5" after cutting bangs plus a lot of bleach and heat damage. I am trying to get back to 4" blunt cut. It can be done, as when I started I was at just under 3" and through using henna, CO washing (no cones - cones flatten my hair tremendously making it seem thinner) and supplements I got to 4".
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

The increase may not be due to "more hair". There's likely no way you could grow that much hair, that long, that quick to make up for the difference.

From my experience, on my fine hair, using shampoo bars made an instant difference in circumference, by an entire inch. I suspect that soap bars swell the cuticle, its not new miracle hair growth. Henna also thickens the hair shaft, as does cassia I think.. I also suspect some oils do the same.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    BSL/33.5/Clsc
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you everyone for your input

Kimberly Im so glad you are ok, I know how that can be. 3 of my surgeries were emergencies. (((hugs))

I have just started using LUSH shampoo bars. "Godiva" and "Karma Kombr" I also stopped using anything with cones or sulfates (LUSH bars do have coconut sulfate tho) several months ago. On the days I dont use the bars I C/O with one of my many Suave Naturals I have noticed a major decrease in shedding over the last few months, probably due to the absence of cones/ harsh sulfates.
    Back to LHC after cutting my 36" hair, went to 27" with layers and bangs temporary insanity! Now I'm back to 33.5" and classic is my goal! .

Length
    8"/8"/24"

what is a shampoo bar? does henna change the color of your hair?