Thread: Can hair thickness increase?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Can hair thickness increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    Since it is elective surgery, in that it's for comfort/reasons, but not a surgery I have to have, I would assume I'd be ok hair wise??
    Sorry, but it doesn't matter. When you get closer to surgery time your surgeon will likely provide you with information about possible side effects of surgery, including hair loss. If he doesn't tell you about it, do your own research so you're mentally prepared if this happens to you. I know a lot of women who have had hair loss from elective surgery.

Many people (most?) don't have any hair loss from surgery, so you will probably be fine. The great thing is that because yours is elective and planned, you can prepare by eating lots of protein now and taking your vitamins. Either way, hair loss from a traumatic event like surgery is usually temporary.

(Can you tell I've done a lot of reading about this? I was *obsessed* when my hair was falling out.)
    Last edited by Beloved; January 26th, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
    No matter how much I try to be plain, people don't accept me, so I might as well be fabulous.
    -Austin Scarlett.