Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can hair thickness increase?

Length
    BSL/33.5/Clsc
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Can hair thickness increase?

Thank you everyone for your input

Kimberly Im so glad you are ok, I know how that can be. 3 of my surgeries were emergencies. (((hugs))

I have just started using LUSH shampoo bars. "Godiva" and "Karma Kombr" I also stopped using anything with cones or sulfates (LUSH bars do have coconut sulfate tho) several months ago. On the days I dont use the bars I C/O with one of my many Suave Naturals I have noticed a major decrease in shedding over the last few months, probably due to the absence of cones/ harsh sulfates.
    Back to LHC after cutting my 36" hair, went to 27" with layers and bangs temporary insanity! Now I'm back to 33.5" and classic is my goal! .

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I can notice a change in thickness when I over load with cones. It makes my hair very flat. It's possible by using different products, you are noticing a change.

Kimberly--I'm glad you're ok! I think the stress due to the fact you were very close to death was more likely cause (and your medical condition) to your hair loss. And yes, it grows back curly!! Mom has Lupus and her new hair growth is always curly.

I don't know if many people notice hair loss due to menopause, do they? I know with having babies, my friends noticed shedding, which is hormonal apparently?
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

I swear mine is thicker since I've been washing it less! Maybe I was pulling out a load when I was washing it...

Length
    8"/8"/24"

Alaina, congratulations on your success. may i ask, please, what did you do to your hair to make it so thick? also, did it grow longer? can you please describe in detail, products used, method and how often you shampooed/conditioned. thanks.

I lost a ton of hair in summer of 08, and now my hair is growing back. I can feel a difference in my pony circumference just by holding it.

ETA: My hair loss was also from surgery. It happened almost immediately, showed no signs of letting up. What finally stopped in was getting on a high dose of zinc.
    Last edited by Beloved; January 26th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
    No matter how much I try to be plain, people don't accept me, so I might as well be fabulous.
    -Austin Scarlett.

Length
    8"/8"/24"

what is a shampoo bar? does henna change the color of your hair?

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Yeah my hair circumference is increasing all of the time since I started using new things on it, and my hair is already thick, I measured the other day and I am now 4.75" whereas before i was 4.25"
    So congratulations!!

Length
    buzz/38/dunno
    Type
    3a/F/ii

sandigirl and ALenee and Darkhorse1, thanks! I don't really think about all of that stuff so much these days . . . I put in a lot more time thinking about my hair than about having been sick.

Darkhorse, I had heard that, about hair coming back in curly. But I was a curly to start with, so these little curls just match the rest of my hair. What's really cool about them, though, is when my hair fell out I lost all the little tendrils around the hairline, which used to soften the look of my updos -- and now they're coming back! Yay! I have read in various places, btw, that hair loss is connected to hormone levels in various ways. My doctor thought it was, too, and she also agreed that my suddenly desert-dry hair and skin were caused by that, too.

Beloved, I'm sorry to learn surgery made your hair come out, too . . . but congratulations on the new growth!

So using cones can make your hair feel thinner?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by plainjanegirl View Post
    So using cones can make your hair feel thinner?
    I think so, because they kind of coat each strand and could weigh it down, making it feel thinner overall. I notice my hair feels thinner if I use things like Pantene, for example.