Hello all,
I'm so happy to have found this site! While I really enjoy short hair, I had long hair up until I was 18 -- and now as a poor college student I'm growing it out again because I can't afford frequent cuts But I'd like to do it right. My biggest problem is my greasy scalp. One day after washing and it's an oil slick that needs to be washed again. I know it's probably a reaction to overwashing, but I've never been able to deal with limp, dirty hair for more than two or three days, max. I would, however, like to attempt to fix this. I've started alternating CO and CWC, and will do my first ever clarifying shampoo this weekend (when I can stay in my room if it's an absolute wreck!). I'm hoping that if my hair shows damage, it'll just be moisture related, which seems easy enough to deal with. Long term goal would be to hopefully get to a point where I can CO once every other day, or every few days (with a shampoo every now and again), so I'm not washing my hair too much. Does this sound like a good plan? Any advice?

Also, sometimes when I don't shampoo my hair over the weekend, I'll use a BBB to attempt to spread the sebum through my whole length -- but it never seems to do much good. It might spread a bit, maybe two or three inches from the scalp, but the end result is still oily on top, a bit dry at the ends. Am I not doing it right?

Thanks in advance for the help, and I'll continue to read through the boards looking for good tips!