Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm becoming very discouraged.

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: I'm becoming very discouraged.

this might be off the wall, but have you considered a hair sponsor?

i've gotten my b/f to be my hair sponsor. i've watched enough tv to figure out that AA works like that a little. i simply go to him and tell him "i feel like cutting" and he talks me down.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bene View Post
    this might be off the wall, but have you considered a hair sponsor?

i've gotten my b/f to be my hair sponsor. i've watched enough tv to figure out that AA works like that a little. i simply go to him and tell him "i feel like cutting" and he talks me down.
    Hahaha! I like that idea. o_O; My boyfriend really sucks at that kind of thing, though. He's overly supportive in my decisions. "Should I lop of five inches of my hair?" "You're beautiful no matter what." "Stop being so damned nice!" Hmm. Maybe my mom can help.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I used to do this too, so there is hope!

first what I did was say to myself, no cuts until I reach neck length, then when I reached neck length id say no more cuts until i can get it into a pony tail, then so on and so on.

I am now on no cuts until waist length!

eta-when I say cuts I mean 1/2" or more, I did dust - this much off every month to get rid of a V hemilne!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

qwertyuiopsdfghjkl
    Last edited by rockstarmommy; May 12th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.

Length
    pixie/TB/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Just make up your mind to totally stop trimming for awhile. That's what I did at a shoulder-ish point -- I realized I wasn't getting anywhere by continuing to go in for trims. I waited 13 months until my next trim.

I agree with the waiting and putting hair back. I'm not cutting till next sept, which will be a year since my last HUGE chop. So now that i can get my hair back i pin my bangs back, and pull the rest into a messy bun. I plan on doing this for a good while to keep my mind off of my hair. So far it's working. And this time i want long hair so bad that not cutting my hair for a year is really exciting... I cant wait to see how much it grows in the time!!

Good luck.

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I gave my DH my hair scissors and told him to hide them. I won't put any other scissors to my hair, so it's safe if I can't find the scissors. I don't trim, but I was a maniac at S&D and had to stop.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I can related to the "trimming obsession." I was like that, too. I have put my scissors away and have now vowed to not trim for at least a year (or maybe until I'm terminal length!). Also, I have vowed to only take a hair photo every three months so I can see my progress. Doing that any sooner will make me frustrated, and if I wait, hopefully I'll get some praise and support here so I can keep on going. My husband is my "hair sponsor," as he wants me to grow it long again. I love the idea of having a hair sponsor -- go for it! And if you can't find one, I will volunteer!
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

If you can't set a plan for hair growth and stick to it, give your hair-cutting scissors to somebody else to "hold" for you. You only get them back for an hour every 3-4 months, or 6, or 9, or ...

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

All of your suggestions are fantastic. I think I'm going to have the BF hold onto them. I also promised myself that for the first month of going without trimming, I get a treat (it involves chocolate and Lost!) and then the next month, I get a treat, and so on until I finally reach six months. Then, I'm going to allow a dusting and then the scissors go back into the care of my BF. Hurray!

Thank you all for your support, by the way. I don't know what I'd do without you guys. (Actually, I know what I'd do; I'd be getting a haircut right now!)