Thread: questions

Cool questions

♥Im loving this site, but i just dont understand alot of whats being said I hear (see) everyone talking in code and I just dont know what your saying I usually understand "textspeek" although you guys must do it diffrent (AND I thought I seen SEVERAL posts saying you'll get deleted if you use it, but I see EVERYONE doing it, although im not sure i understand BSL, APL, iia, fbc.... what does it all mean...
    do you guys have your own language in here, that the rest opf the world has never seen, lol
    ♥and what is itrader?
    ♥Also one last question I now have 25 posts when and how do i get my benifits?
    Sorry still just trying to find my place in your little hairy world, lol

♥Angie

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/BSL+/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: questions

What you're seeing are abbreviations specific to things that are common topics of conversation on LHC (like LHC,) not textspeak. You might want to check out the sticky on The "Mane" Forum, Links to VITs - Very Important Threads (<-- clicky.) Among other things, there are links there to an article regarding the Hair Classification System (which will explain the "iia" for you) and the one that akurah has kindly linked for you covering the more common "LHC terms and abbreviations."

The benefits that kick in after a certain number of quality posts are not automatic, but require moderator approval. You don't need to do anything though, you'll just sign on at some point and poof! new worlds will have opened to you. Patience, grasshopper.

itrader is a feature that allows us to rate a transaction (buy, sell or trade) with another forum member.
    Last edited by Wind Dragon; May 6th, 2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: to edit my editing
    <--- It'll get there again
    You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it? -- Richard Bach, Ilusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Welcome! I realize all our abbreviations can be overwhelming, especially when new ones pop up like dandelions!

Textspeak is considered an offense to the LHC rules, but I'm pretty sure the mods will give you fair warning before simply banning you for it! The abbreviations are allowed as a necessary consequence of forum-life. Basically we try to make it as clear as possible, as many members don't speak English as a first language.

The link akurah gave you is a great start for most of the abbreviations you'll find here. However, if there's one being used that you cannot find or don't understand, don't be afraid to ask, sometimes people have their own abbreviations.

itrader is a feedback system for the swap board, basically to help people make more informed choices as to who is considered 'safe.' However, the swap board is basically 'at your own risk' if I am to understand correctly.

Once you have met the requirements for quality (not saying your posts have not been quality, it's just an often forgotten portion) posts and days membership your permissions will eventually be granted. Sometimes it does take a while, though, so stick around and enjoy the forums while it sets up. If you think it's been too long you could always post to the help section or PM a mod with the issue.

Hope that helps!

ETA: Tsk, Wind Dragon was faster AND more concise.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

thank you!! I seam to have a small understanding now