View Poll Results: Do you see a difference in your hair when you do a final cold water rinse?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, big difference in how my hair looks and feels.

122 31.36%
  • Not sure, but I do it anyway.

165 42.42%
  • No, no difference.

49 12.60%
  • I don’t rinse with cold water, I use cheese.

53 13.62%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Water Rinse?

Length
    Pixie/23.5"/33"
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Cold Water Rinse?

Do you do a final rinse with cold water when you wash your hair?

And, if you do, does it make a noticeable difference in how your hair looks and feels?

I used to do this regularly, and then I got away from it. I’m thinking about doing it again, but I have to admit that I wonder how effective it really is. I just wondered whether people saw a difference in their hair as a result of this practice.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

It does make a noticeable difference to me, in softness and shine, but I just dont have what it takes to make myself do a cold water rinse most of the time. Brrrrr....

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I know that it should work, but I just can't stand it.

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I've only done it a handle full of time, but Can I say BRRRR! I wouldn't mind if my whole body didn't have to freeze too.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

My hair is much softer when I do a cold water rinse as opposed to when I don't; it seems to have more slip too. I don't mind the cold water rinse either, so I guess I'm in the minority in that aspect of it.

Length
    3/31.5/36
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

I've only recently started doing cold water rinses, and I voted that I'm not sure. It seems easier to manage when it's wet to comb (with my ultra-wide hair pick). Now that's it gotten much warmer around here, I find the cool rinse refreshing. I usually try to angle my head back far enough so I don't get as much cold water rinsing down my back and legs. As soon as I pull back the curtain I'm in a big fluffy towel in a steamy bathroom anyway, so my body temp is all right.

Length
    N/A/22/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I do a cold water rinse every time. My hair is much shinier and softer. I also believe that it returns the hair shaft to a more normal length than letting it be, so it's less apt to break. All of these reasons allow me to withstand all that cold water... even in winter.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I used to do it when I was younger and apparently immune to cold. Lately, though, I haven't been able to notice enough of a difference to make it worth freezing myself after my pleasantly warm shower.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    29/55/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Yes, i always do a final rinse with cold water. My hair is silky, shiny and more manageable afterwars.

I would just like to add that I don`t pour the cold water over my body, except during summer. I have a large can to fill in my homemade lemon juice based hair rinse. After rinsing my hair, I wash the can out and fill in cold water. I grab (gentle) my hair over my shoulder and dunk (also gentle) my hair several times in the can of cold water. In the end I can pour the water over my head (sideways), but I don`t need it. I gently squeeze the excess water out of my hair and wrap my hair in a towel while I'm still in the shower. What can I do about my freezing feet? You get the picture?

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I try to do it every time and I've noticed that my hair is much softer.

And since I shower in the morning before school while I'm slightly still asleep the cold water is a nice wake up call.