Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inside out Bun Help!!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Question Inside out Bun Help!!

Okay I have hear of an inside out bun. But do not know what one looks like or how to do it. Can someone help. If you have pictures of what it looks like I would really like to see. Also any instructions. Thank You Catladyintown

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

How's this? Pretty close? You can do it this way, but flatten it to your head and pin.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I have far less hair. I wrap my hair like I'm doing a combination of a cinnamon bun and a bee butt bun. The first few wraps, I lay the hair flat against my head, then I let the remaining few wraps go underneath. Then I take the innermost coil and stretch it out around the outermost coil. Then pin. I don't have any "during" pictures, but here's an "after."

As you can see, the innermost coil covers up the outmost coil completely and holds it in place, also pinning down the wraps underneath. It's a very secure bun.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thank you Shell for the Link. And Spidermom your hair looks gorgeous thanks for the tips.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Catladyintown View Post
    Thank you Shell for the Link. And Spidermom your hair looks gorgeous thanks for the tips.
    Thanks. It's getting pretty grey, isn't it?

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Spidermom I like gray hair. Mine also is getting some grays and I plan on keeping them. Do you mind how did you do the hairstyle in your avatar? Thanks Catladyintown

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shell View Post
    How's this? Pretty close? You can do it this way, but flatten it to your head and pin.
    That bun requires very long hair. There are a few other instructions on the old boards for an inside out bun that will work with much shorter hair, I know that at least birdiefu posted some. The archive seems to be down right now and I can't search it right now.

ETA: What Stevy explains is pretty much how I remember doing the inside out bun as well:
    http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/s...31&postcount=5
    Last edited by aisling; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:18 AM.

Royal Buness/Jedi Master Hypnotica's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Calf/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I do it by making a loop and the wrap the rest oft the hair around the base of the loop. Then I push the loop down to my scalp, while pushing the wrapped part out a bit to make the loop slide over it.

Emerald Green Henna Dragon, Guardian of ALL THINGS GREEN.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I consider an inside out bun to be a bee-butt bun with at least two full coils, with the outermost (first made) coil pulled open, and the lower coil(s) pushed up through its middle as the upper coil is pushed down and around.

Since the first made coil is the center of a cinnamon bun, but the outside of this bun, it is inside out.
    I am opting out of the "Friends" system. All requests will be declined.
    Ursula's Standard Newbie Advice
    Ezekiel 23:20

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    I consider an inside out bun to be a bee-butt bun with at least two full coils, with the outermost (first made) coil pulled open, and the lower coil(s) pushed up through its middle as the upper coil is pushed down and around.

Since the first made coil is the center of a cinnamon bun, but the outside of this bun, it is inside out.
    I think it was Cortese who posted instructions for that bun, she called it "Gibraltar bun" because it holds like a rock A lot of buns are known under several names, it's a bit confusing sometimes.