Thread: My hair story

Length
    23/25/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Talking My hair story

Hi everyone! I'm new.

When I was younger I had hair down to my lower back, I don't think I had ever cut it more than a trim until I was 8 years old. I had a few inches cut off, then 2 years later I had it cut into a short bob, which really didn't suit me. I let it grow out and by the time I was in my teens, my hair had grown long again. I started coloring it, from the age of about 14 to 17 I had just about every color imaginable. When I turned 19, my hairstylist told me I needed a trim every 2 months to cut off split ends, but I realized my hair didn't grow fast enough so every 2 months I was actually losing length...it was MUCH shorter.

That summer I stopped using heat (for the most part) on my hair and it grew like crazy. I decided at 20 to get my hair dyed blonde and leave it like that, no coloring besides root-touch ups and very rarely using my straightener.

So it has been growing at a decent speed and the blonde is working out great but it still has its problems...and that's why I'm here!

Length
    never/quite/enuff

Default Re: My hair story

Growing very long dyed hair isn't easy, but you'll get plenty of help by searching this community. You will have to be careful to look after your hair well, and also be very patient.

Good luck!

Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Hey, I am sure that you will here get enough help to have wonderful hair.... happy growing!

Length
    4"/28"/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Welcome! My philosophy is to keep simple. That's what works for me. You'll soon find out what works for you. Enjoy the journey!

Length
    ?/33''/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Hi and welcome to LHC!
    The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    Winston Churchill

Length
    23/25/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    Growing very long dyed hair isn't easy, but you'll get plenty of help by searching this community. You will have to be careful to look after your hair well, and also be very patient.

Good luck!
    Oh yes, I'm definitely up for a challenge...it's going to be hard to keep it healthy. But the results will be worth it!