Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New...choosing between blonde hair and long hair

Default Re: New...choosing between blonde hair and long hair

Same here!! I miss my blonde hair but for me LONG hair won out...so here I am

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Make yourself at home! In the "Hair polls and projects" there's a growing out henna/dye support thread, in case you're still dealing with that. But it sounds like you've already wiped the slate clean, so to speak.

I'm going from white blond/highlights to my own natural medium/dark ash blond, and actually, after hating my own natural color so long I now embrace it and am enjoying seeing all the nuances in the virgin growth that I didn't get with the bleach. Being on this site has really helped me develop a new found enthusiasm for my natural hair color! That, and the fact that where I live, every woman over 18 has the same highlighted hair, but natural hair color is unusual. Now I wish my entire length were already virgin hair.

Length
    23/25/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzal2Be View Post
    Just wanted to add, that my choice was a personal one, and that I think the brunette suits me, so I am happy with it.

I completely believe that it is possible for people to have gorgeous blonde hair and grow it long and strong. In fact, I envy the blondes on this board.
    I envy them too, even though I don't know most of them yet. I definitely would rather have long hair though, and I tried growing my blonde out for a year and a half and it just wouldn't get any longer. Probably due to breakage.

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I'll tell you my problem that was solved by coming here. I couldn't get my hair to grow past bra strap length either. It was cones. I had been a faithful user of Infusium 23 Leave-In for 15 years. All it was doing was coating my hair and starving it of natural moisture. Once I learned about getting all the cones off, I trimmed about 2" of damaged ends off and never looked back. I use cones now and then, love them in fact (not the Infusium), but I know it's good to remove them and replace them with good nourishing moisture.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights