Thread: The Official "Stretching Washes" Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Official "Stretching Washes" Thread

So while having a search through the forums, I noticed that we don't have an Official thread for those of us trying to stretch washes (and I believe there are quite a few).

For those who don't know, 'stretching washes' is basically going longer between 'washing' your hair. That may mean conditioner only, natural herbs, shampoo and conditioner, or any other method of wetting and washing your hair.

There are tons of reasons why people decide to stretch washes. Cold weather, no hot water (lol), don't want to deal with the hassle of drying your hair, etc.

I'm hoping to gather information here for people just starting out stretching washes or those of us who need some tips/support.

If you've managed to lengthen the amount of time between your washing sessions, please share your routine, how long you go between washes, how long it took you to get there, your reasons (if you want), what helped you with the dreaded 'greasies', and any other tips/tricks/advice that you found helpful.

And if anyone has questions, feel free to ask away!

Thanks!
    Last edited by morecowbell; September 30th, 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added something