Thread: The Official "Stretching Washes" Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Official "Stretching Washes" Thread

I've personally managed to stretch my washes from every day to every three or four days over a period of about three months. (And I can even wear it down on day two!)
    I used to have super greasy roots by the end of day one! And because my hair is kind of thick and absorbent (thanks to my damaging pre-lhc ways) it takes forever and a day to dry.
    My washing method is CO (conditioner only), which I've found really helps with reducing sebum production (because it's less drying/cleansing than shampoo, your scalp doesn't try to over-compensate as much).
    I wet my hair down with a spray bottle filled with plain old tap water on non-wash days to style it, oil the ends, and usually wear it up in a bun for work.

Things that have helped hide/deal with the greasies:
    French Braids
    Slicked back ponytails
    Wetting hair with a spray bottle (helps me spread excess sebum down the length)
    and dry shampoo (on the last day before I wash)

As a side note, how do people feel about using dry shampoo while stretching washes? Is that 'washing'? I don't really tend to count it as 'washing' unless I wet my head, apply a product to my scalp and then rinse it out. But I'd love to hear other people's opinions
    Last edited by morecowbell; September 30th, 2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: clarity