Page 11 of 420 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair care of movie stars from the past - oil-shampoo

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Chiara View Post
    Hmm, well there were still a few tangles, but they were very easily dealt with.

It is hard to answer this, because my hair is quite temperamental! It can tangle up with CO (CO kind of works but also doesn't, as my hair seems to show build-up very fast).

That said, if I had washed with shampoo only, and then used a vinegar rinse with no conditioner, I would be confronted by enormous tangles. So using the oil enabled me to do something that I couldn't do normally (use shampoo and skip conditioner).

ktani, I think you are right, this could be a good option for people whose hair gets weighed down easily by either oils or conditioners.

oh, and just had my third hair compliment for the day...I could get used to this
    Thank you for clearing this up. I had forgotten that you have CO'ed in the past too.

Then this is actually as potentially amazing as I thought. Feedback from those around one in real life is always a good way to verify results. You go girl!

For those new to this thread, I could not find the ingredients listed for the oil shampoos used on Veronica Lake and there was no mention of the oil used in the oil shampoos used on Rita Hayworth. This is as close as I got to the Mar O Oil shampoo used on Veronica lake, http://www.ruinedmetropolis.com/bottles4.htm.
    "MAR-O-OIL - The SHAMPOO that's a com - bination of skilfully blended oils.*".

An advertisement for Super Foamy Mar O Oil Shampoo, claiming that it needs no lemon or vinegar rinse to follow it, http://www.flickr.com/photos/autumns...on/4444686933/.

Got it!
    http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/148/1/55.pdf
    "Marrow's, Incorporated
    Mar-O-Oil Regular Shampoo—A perfumed colored liquid nonfoaming shampoo, containing a sulfated vegetable oil, a fatty acid, mineral oil, and a preservative, intended to cleanse the hair and scalp. (Bottle: 6, 14, and 32 oz.)

Mar-O-Oil Super Foamy Shampoo—A perfumed colored liquid foaming shampoo, containing organic and inorganic salts of sulfated fatty acids, intended to cleanse the hair and scalp. (Bottle: 6, 14, and 32 oz.)"

This goes with the great article posted by pilateschick7, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...2&postcount=78, that mentioned the shampoo, under "The following are liquid shampoos of the soapless type, listed here without recommendation: Sulfonated Oils Marrow's Mar-O-Oil (J. H. Marrow Mfg. Co., Chicago)." I missed it the first time I read the article.

I updated the Veronica Lake post to include these links and I added more from the article at the top of the post, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...7&postcount=31.
    I also added this.
    A vinegar rinse was used on Veronica Lake's hair following the Mar O Oil shampoo, according to the article I posted at the beginning of this post (Post 31). The ingredients of the Regular version of the shampoo, regardless of the vegetable oil used, would make it a surface oil shampoo (the mineral oil and the fatty acid, which was likely quite waxy) and I think that was the version used. It would explain why it took 2 shampoos of the Nulava shampoo to remove it each morning. Mineral oil alone is not difficult to remove from hair. So, on Veronica Lake's hair the Mar O Oil shampoo was a "conditioner", followed with the vinegar rinse. Waxy fatty acid alcohols are used in conditioners today, under the names of cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol and more.

Coconut oil was the oil used in the shampoo created by the stylist for Carole Lombard, and in the coconut oil research pdf, I posted earlier in this thread (a 2003 study often quoted on these boards), its ability to prevent protein loss is directly connected to its ability to penetrate the hair shaft to the cortex, something no other oil I am aware of, has the same ability to do.

The other advantage of coconut oil over other oils is that it does not add colour of its own to the hair, making it usable for any hair colour. Olive oil for example, can and has been reported here on the boards to tint ash blonde hair yellow. There is also a "missing study" result, that it can only penetrate the hair shaft 25% versus 90% for coconut oil.

I think coconut oil is the best choice for an oil shampoo. It should not create build-up problems, although that is yet to be determined. If build-up does occur, a shampoo for normal hair, used in rotation, should be enough to deal with it, in my opinion, fairly easily, as not too much oil is being used so far, in the experiments.
    Last edited by ktani; October 15th, 2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added link and text

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Default Re: Hair care of movie stars from the past

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post

At the time the oils shampoos were used all of those years ago, conditioners as we know them today did not exist.
    Can you elaborate on this? Did they not use conditioners in the shower, as we do today, or are our formulas just vastly different they don't really compare to the conditioners they used back then?

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post

The idea of using them now is to reduce the amount, or eliminate the need in some cases, of conditioning afterward.
    I feel like, and I may be quite misinformed, based on the information on this thread and the variously linked articles, they didn't really use an in-shower conditioner after shampooing, but seemed to use different lotions, "ointments", and setting lotions to condition the hair. Or maybe I'm confusing all these lotions for modern day gels and styling creams?

I really like the idea of adding coconut oil to shampoo. I was CO, since my hair is damaged (from bleaching), and it is hard enough for me to find a cheap cone free conditioner, that I didn't even went to bother with finding shampoo. Garnier triple nutrition worked well, and allowed me to stretch washes, but my waves were sort of damp and greasy. Switched to CO with Vo5 when I ran out of Garnier, which left my hair lank, it sort of pulled my waves out, and they felt damp and greasy all day long again. Great conditioning, but I was unable to wear my hair down, and had to wash my hair more often. Not okay.

I've finally found a cone free shampoo in my price range(yay, white rain!), and washed with it (scalp only), followed by some white rain conditioner. My length is dry and rough, and my ends feel like wet straw (isn't that appealing?) I think my scalp needs shampoo, but at this point, my hair can NOT take it. CWC left me with similar results. I will be trying this today, and I'll report back once it's dry.

Thanks for starting this thread ktani!

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by klcqtee View Post

1. Can you elaborate on this? Did they not use conditioners in the shower, as we do today, or are our formulas just vastly different they don't really compare to the conditioners they used back then?

2. I feel like, and I may be quite misinformed, based on the information on this thread and the variously linked articles, they didn't really use an in-shower conditioner after shampooing, but seemed to use different lotions, "ointments", and setting lotions to condition the hair. Or maybe I'm confusing all these lotions for modern day gels and styling creams?

3. I really like the idea of adding coconut oil to shampoo. I was CO, since my hair is damaged (from bleaching), and it is hard enough for me to find a cheap cone free conditioner, that I didn't even went to bother with finding shampoo. Garnier triple nutrition worked well, and allowed me to stretch washes, but my waves were sort of damp and greasy. Switched to CO with Vo5 when I ran out of Garnier, which left my hair lank, it sort of pulled my waves out, and they felt damp and greasy all day long again. Great conditioning, but I was unable to wear my hair down, and had to wash my hair more often. Not okay.

I've finally found a cone free shampoo in my price range(yay, white rain!), and washed with it (scalp only), followed by some white rain conditioner. My length is dry and rough, and my ends feel like wet straw (isn't that appealing?) I think my scalp needs shampoo, but at this point, my hair can NOT take it. CWC left me with similar results. I will be trying this today, and I'll report back once it's dry.

Thanks for starting this thread ktani!
    You are most welcome!

1.The first commercial hair conditioners similar to what we know today, according to this http://books.google.ca/books?id=9Z6v...201940&f=false, came on the market in the 1950's and were the result of technology used to make fabric softeners. The very first ones were called cream rinses. In the 1930's and 1940's the decades referred to in this thread, most people made their own recipes of various oils and herbs no doubt, or just used acidic rinses.

Most people probably just washed their hair with various soaps. The shampoos on the market at that time were out of the financial reach of many consumers. I am talking about an era that was just out of the Great Depression and was early War time WW2. Some ingredients have been around for a long time and are still used today. Have a look at some from the "Mar O Oil shampoo ingredients" link I posted in my post above, http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/148/1/55.pdf. You will recognize a number of them them.

2. This goes along the same lines as 1. with regard to most people using various homemade ointments and family recipes.

3. With the right shampoo, I think that this could well be an option for you. Good luck and please update. Do not use too much coconut oil. Based on the reports so far, much less is needed to get great results than previously thought.
    Last edited by ktani; October 16th, 2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: added link and text

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I remember when Breck creme rinse first was on the market. I think I started using it in the late 60s. It came in a glass bottle and was blue in color. I can remember diluting it in water and then pouring that mix over my hair. It helped with detangling and fly away ends. That was when I was first growing my hair long.

I'm going to posts some quotes from my blog for the past few days.

October 11: Since I now have nice filtered soft water I've been wanting to try some of the things that didn't work for me before. I've considered getting a couple CV bars again but I haven't done it. I got all enthused about the old movie star hair thread. Last night I made up a mix of coconut oil, white vinegar, lemon juice, Dr Bronners soap and distilled water. I used 1t of coconut oil and that was way too much. I look like I've done a heavy oil treatment and I guess I have My hair was shiny, tangle free and very soft but very oily. I went in to the experiment thinking I can just wash it out tomorrow. The plan for tomorrow is to use a little real shampoo and then use a newly made up batch of the coconut oil wash. I used 1/2t coconut oil this time and added more water. I had some Dr Bronners that was several years old so I thought what the heck. I have all this stuff so I can give it a try. I've been feeling like a little experimenting lately.
    So today I ended up looking like a slicked back grease pit. I bunned it and didn't worry about it.

October 13:
    Yesterday I did a CWC wash to wash out the excess coconut oil from my first attempt at a homemade coconut oil shampoo. See the Old Movie Star hair thread for that. Tonight I made my second version of it. I only used 1/2t coconut oil and doubled the amount of shampoo. I also added some lavender EO for a nice scent. I'm still air drying but it's much much better this time. Again detangling was good. A big surprise. I seem to be drying with good shine, wavies, and a good bit of fluff and fullness. I followed the shampoo again with a white vinegar and water rinse which was rinsed out. I'm pleased with it so far. I'm not an evening washer but I wanted to wash it tonight in case I had another head of over oiled hair. I could do a CO wash in the morning and get it out if I needed to. I think I'll be fine without doing that. I wonder how this would be to use consecutive times. I don't use any products times in a row. I always switch around each wash. It may be something I can do once every week or two. It's interesting how coconut oil absorbs into the hair. Coconut oil seems to be one of the 2 oils my hair likes. Camellia is the other.

October 15:
    The Movie Star coconut oil shampoo worked quite well. Wednesday night I made an unsecured bun and went to bed. It was mostly still intact when I woke up. I had good shine and some fullness. It's root lift and length fluff but not frizz. I am not prone to frizz. Humidity makes my hair flop, not frizz if that explains how my hair behaves. I'm anxious to try this wash on a morning and wear my hair down.

Yesterday I bought some Suave shampoo (the Rosemary and Mint in the green bottle) that was clear. It seemed to have fewer chemically words in the ingredient list as opposed to Pantene and White Rain. I didn't have a big choice since I was shopping at a small Pamida store. But I got what they had. I like the matching conditioner for this shampoo so I hope I will like it. It will be body wash, if I don't like it as a shampoo.

I'm not sure when my next wash of this kind will happen. I wonder if my good results could be because my hair is well conditioned and moisturized. I don't normally have tangling problems. But I was afraid I would with not using any conditioner. I hope to play around with this more over the weekend.

October 15 (2nd post):
    I didn't do anything other than bun my hair today. The shine is still great. The ends have a lot of fluff. More camellia oil should take care of that. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I'm going to lunch with some friends and then have a wedding reception to go to in the evening. Updo's likely for both things. I may do a CO wash and then play with a Movie Star Shampoo on Sunday.

To summarize less coconut oil is better for me. The 1/2t seemed to be about right. I am very leery of any of the colored oils such as EVOO if any of you remember my thread about blonde hair and oils. I have concluded that I can only use clear oils on my hair and am now limiting that to coconut oil and camellia oil. I also only use white vinegar. ACV adds unwanted strawberry blonde tones.

I am not here to decorate your world

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    I remember when Breck creme rinse first was on the market. I think I started using it in the late 60s. It came in a glass bottle and was blue in color. I can remember diluting it in water and then pouring that mix over my hair. It helped with detangling and fly away ends. That was when I was first growing my hair long.

I'm going to posts some quotes from my blog for the past few days.

October 11: Since I now have nice filtered soft water I've been wanting to try some of the things that didn't work for me before. I've considered getting a couple CV bars again but I haven't done it. I got all enthused about the old movie star hair thread. Last night I made up a mix of coconut oil, white vinegar, lemon juice, Dr Bronners soap and distilled water. I used 1t of coconut oil and that was way too much. I look like I've done a heavy oil treatment and I guess I have My hair was shiny, tangle free and very soft but very oily. I went in to the experiment thinking I can just wash it out tomorrow. The plan for tomorrow is to use a little real shampoo and then use a newly made up batch of the coconut oil wash. I used 1/2t coconut oil this time and added more water. I had some Dr Bronners that was several years old so I thought what the heck. I have all this stuff so I can give it a try. I've been feeling like a little experimenting lately.
    So today I ended up looking like a slicked back grease pit. I bunned it and didn't worry about it.

October 13:
    Yesterday I did a CWC wash to wash out the excess coconut oil from my first attempt at a homemade coconut oil shampoo. See the Old Movie Star hair thread for that. Tonight I made my second version of it. I only used 1/2t coconut oil and doubled the amount of shampoo. I also added some lavender EO for a nice scent. I'm still air drying but it's much much better this time. Again detangling was good. A big surprise. I seem to be drying with good shine, wavies, and a good bit of fluff and fullness. I followed the shampoo again with a white vinegar and water rinse which was rinsed out. I'm pleased with it so far. I'm not an evening washer but I wanted to wash it tonight in case I had another head of over oiled hair. I could do a CO wash in the morning and get it out if I needed to. I think I'll be fine without doing that. I wonder how this would be to use consecutive times. I don't use any products times in a row. I always switch around each wash. It may be something I can do once every week or two. It's interesting how coconut oil absorbs into the hair. Coconut oil seems to be one of the 2 oils my hair likes. Camellia is the other.

October 15:
    The Movie Star coconut oil shampoo worked quite well. Wednesday night I made an unsecured bun and went to bed. It was mostly still intact when I woke up. I had good shine and some fullness. It's root lift and length fluff but not frizz. I am not prone to frizz. Humidity makes my hair flop, not frizz if that explains how my hair behaves. I'm anxious to try this wash on a morning and wear my hair down.

Yesterday I bought some Suave shampoo (the Rosemary and Mint in the green bottle) that was clear. It seemed to have fewer chemically words in the ingredient list as opposed to Pantene and White Rain. I didn't have a big choice since I was shopping at a small Pamida store. But I got what they had. I like the matching conditioner for this shampoo so I hope I will like it. It will be body wash, if I don't like it as a shampoo.

I'm not sure when my next wash of this kind will happen. I wonder if my good results could be because my hair is well conditioned and moisturized. I don't normally have tangling problems. But I was afraid I would with not using any conditioner. I hope to play around with this more over the weekend.

October 15 (2nd post):
    I didn't do anything other than bun my hair today. The shine is still great. The ends have a lot of fluff. More camellia oil should take care of that. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I'm going to lunch with some friends and then have a wedding reception to go to in the evening. Updo's likely for both things. I may do a CO wash and then play with a Movie Star Shampoo on Sunday.

To summarize less coconut oil is better for me. The 1/2t seemed to be about right. I am very leery of any of the colored oils such as EVOO if any of you remember my thread about blonde hair and oils. I have concluded that I can only use clear oils on my hair and am now limiting that to coconut oil and camellia oil. I also only use white vinegar. ACV adds unwanted strawberry blonde tones.
    Again, I completely agree with you about coloured oils. A dollar store near me carries White Rain Extra Body, which is clear, and it is only $2 CAD for a litre bottle. I use it as a liquid soap. It is quite mild. I have read that blondes should only use clear, white or yellow (depending on the shade of yellow of course) products. I buy the White Rain to use for washing "delicates" and not have any dye stain them. I had a white bra stain blue from a coloured shampoo I used for that purpose. Never again!

Your recipe results sound very good so far. You have determined the amount of oil you need not to cause problems and the extra body and shine are good indications that you hair has been conditioned to some extent. The fluff does not sound bad and should hopefully be controlable. You are in fact getting conditioning with the coconut oil shampoo. How much conditioning your hair actually needs, you will be able to determine using the shampoo more often.

There are no hard and fast rules with this. I think these shampoos can be used as needed or every time. If one builds-up, alternating shampoos is always an option.

I look forward to your next update!
    Last edited by ktani; October 15th, 2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: adjust text

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Just checking in to report on my second-day hair(always a problem for us curlies!).
    My hair has retained most of its curl from yesterday.
    My hair is 3a/b, but no matter what I use to condition or style with, my canopy ends up a dry 2c by the second day.
    I am happy to report that my canopy retained its 3a status on day 2!
    My hair is softer and has much more shine than usual.
    Big thumbs up!!!!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Just checking in to report on my second-day hair(always a problem for us curlies!).
    My hair has retained most of its curl from yesterday.
    My hair is 3a/b, but no matter what I use to condition or style with, my canopy ends up a dry 2c by the second day.
    I am happy to report that my canopy retained its 3a status on day 2!
    My hair is softer and has much more shine than usual.
    Big thumbs up!!!!
    This is fantastic!

You now have 2 good reasons to stay stocked up on cocconut oil, lol. You use it as a pre-treatment before colouring and now in your shampoo too.

When those who are doing this perfect their recipes, I would love to create a post of all of your recipes and results.

I may just do a report post like I do for the peroxide thread, so people can go through them by hair type? I am open to ideas on this. As the thread grows, I do not want results and recipes to get buiried in the number of pages.

Length
    Short/Knee/???
    Type
    1b/M/ii

She was very beatuifull.
    I like the movie star Audrey Hepburn.
    I love the movie Breakfast at TIffany's.

Successful Oil Shampoo Recipes and Results

1. Titian,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...4&postcount=46
    "I mixed 4 parts mild shampoo, 2 parts coconut oil, 1 part honey, and 2 parts conefree conditioner in an empty 16 oz conditioner bottle. It took a little work to get it to mix, and the final result was thinner than I expected, but I tried gently shampooing with it and following with an ACV rinse (I also used some leave-in conditioner because my hair tangles like crazy.) So far I'm pleased. It feels soft, not at all greasy, smells like honey, and I've actually got some volume."

2. Loviatar,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...1&postcount=65
    "I tried melting a bit of solid coconut oil - a lump about the size of half a greengage - and putting it into my palmful of baby shampoo. It worked remarkably well but I would rather try with liquid as the melting was a bit of a pain."

3. Cleopatra18,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...0&postcount=76
    "I added some refined coconut oil to my shampoo today. ...I put some oil in my palm (about half tablespoon) with one squirt of my regular tresseme moisture rich shampoo, lathered a bit in my hands then applied it all over my scalp and it felt really great. my hair felt so soft even while rinsing out the shampoo and that never happened before. My hair is almost dry now and it feels soft and clean. I really like this method."

4. Chiara,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...3&postcount=82
    "OK, outcome of my experiment = success! Two hair compliments before 9am ... What I did: Put 10 teaspoons of a very plain shampoo (Al'chemy, or A'kin in the USA Unperfumed for sensitive scalps) with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (Nui virgin oil)
    Mixed them up in a glass so that they emulsified (that is, the oil was distributed throughout the shampoo) Shampoo'd Then rinsed with ACV, proportions of about 1:5 I didn't rinse out the ACV ... I have a lot of flyaways, and these are indeed not as noticeable. So I am very happy with this result!"

5. Carolyn,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=104
    "I only used 1/2t coconut oil and doubled the amount of shampoo. I also added some lavender EO for a nice scent. ... it's much much better this time. Again detangling was good. A big surprise. I seem to be drying with good shine, wavies, and a good bit of fluff and fullness. I followed the shampoo again with a white vinegar and water rinse which was rinsed out. I'm pleased with it so far. ... The Movie Star coconut oil shampoo worked quite well."

6. girlcat36,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...5&postcount=80
    "The only change I would make would be to try shampooing my entire length with the coconut oil shampoo (I do not usually shampoo length). I seemed to get better curl formation at the roots where I had concentrated the shampoo. ... My shampoo was approx. 1 oz Beauty Without Cruelty Daily Shampoo to about 1 tsp coconut oil. ... http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=106
    "Just checking in to report on my second-day hair (always a problem for us curlies!). My hair has retained most of its curl from yesterday. My hair is 3a/b, but no matter what I use to condition or style with, my canopy ends up a dry 2c by the second day. I am happy to report that my canopy retained its 3a status on day 2! My hair is softer and has much more shine than usual. Big thumbs up!!!!"
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=114
    "I don't consider the experiment a failure since I was able to get my hair presentable enough to go out in public by applying the coconut oil/aloe mix, without ANY conditioner on my hair. I will experiment with a higher oil to shampoo ratio next time I attempt this. ETA: I have less than a 3" ponytail circumference. Oil shampoo makes my hair appear MUCH thicker!"

7. Gabriel,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=121
    "I've tried this twice successfully ... I've used shampoo bars. I lather up my scalp and get it all sudsy without coconut oil because my scalp doesn't need the extra moisture, then I take a palmful of coconut oil and use that with my shampoo bar from ear level down and use it to wash my length. It's really adding a nice amount of moisture to my length and lends it a "weight", if that makes any sense. It's shinier and softer too."
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=124
    "I used Sweet Creek Herbs Chamomile Ylang Ylang Shampoo Bar with the added coconut oil (a palm full/about a tablespoon) and GVP Conditioning Balm. (I found I needed only about a palm full [roughly a tablespoon] of conditioner both times - usually I need much more.) The first time I didn't use an acid rinse, the second time I used about a tablespoon of lemon juice to 8oz of water as a rinse. I got good results both times, however I think I preferred the not acid rinse time more. My hair is a little less swingy (heavy?) and a little more fly away after the acid rinse."

8. lippleyluv,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=120
    "I am in the process of trying this. ... for my DD, (7) and me.
    On DD, I used a mixture of 10 parts Avalon Organics fragrance free to 1 part virgin coconut oil (10:1) followed by conditioner. Her hair is 2a/F/i . Her hair turned out silky and shiney. ... I need to shampoo her hair at least 3 times a week due to swimming lessons and I worry about drying it out. So far so good.
    On my hair, I used three parts Avalon Organics rosemary to one part virgin coconut oil (3:1) followed by conditioner. My hair can be dry and coarse at the ends normally, due to being color treated. ... Soft, silky, and only a little dry."
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=137
    "I got brave and used a 1:1 ratio of shampoo to coconut oil last night. The results were VERY good. Followed up with conditioner and oiled my ends with coconut oil after they were dry, as usual. My hair looks great. This proves to me that my hair LOVES coconut oil & can't get enough. I really thought I would have some greasiness but no, it's soft and silky."

9. Elenna,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=132
    "I decided to add the coconut oil to my regular shampoo which is now Aubrey Organics JAY. I put about one tablespoon of coconut oil into a measuring cup, nuked it in the microwave, and poured it into an empty shampoo bottle. Then added one teaspoon of castor oil and about a quarter cup of the shampoo into the bottle. Then shook it all up. Maybe this helps with blending the ingredients better because I used a palmful of this stuff with no oily hair. But I did use some conditioner because my hair was tangling. My hair kind of flows and waves nicer."

10. smileycat,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=145
    "I used the same SCH Chamomile and Ylang Ylang bar (my favorite). I did my usual first quick sudsing and rinsed, then started my second sudsing, lathered up my hands well and added 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil. ... did a lemon rinse of 1 teaspoon in 12 oz. water and a little conditioner ears down only. I did the lemon rinse first because I find the lemon reacts funny with shampoo bars and leaves a funky sort of smell. My hair is smooth, silky and shiny, and my scalp feels great!"

11. proo,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=148
    "Just shampooed with1:1:1 of shampoo, conditioner and coconut oil, about 1/2 teaspoon of each all mixed together then greatly diluted in a big plastic pitcher i keep in the shower for rinses - my result was no less then fabulous! Extreme shine and smoothness to my usually frizzy curls. I dumped it all through, mingled it around a bit then rinsed. That was it, no further anything."
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=151
    "To be more specific I used Suave refreshing waterfall shampoo and Aura rosemarymint conditioner - I stuck the conditioner in there because it is very light, I love the smell and was somewhat concerned about a funky smell from the oil, and i wanted to do it all in one step. But yes, this is definitely a variable, for me it seems to be working. My hair is still drying, but the ends feel so different - so smooth. Believe me, this is rarely the case."

12. LHktress,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=155
    "I added coconut oil to my usual shampoo (about 1:1 ratio) and didn't change anything else about my routine, as I wanted to be able to tell whether it made a difference on its own. And it did make a difference! My hair feels softer, more supple and less fly-away. Volume is good and there is no greasiness. I waited 3 days thinking my hair would get oily faster than usual -- and it didn't. Verdict: YAY!"

13. Demetrue,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=157
    "I used Dr. Bronner's castile hemp rose liquid soap the first go-round. ... My 2nd go-round with the All Soft shampoo 2/3 to 1/3 coconut oil went much better. I noticed that my virgin or less damaged hair responded much better to this than my very damaged canopy. ... Once my hair was completely dry, it felt very soft and nice."
    Last edited by ktani; October 18th, 2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Astarte_1980 View Post
    She was very beatuifull.
    I like the movie star Audrey Hepburn.
    I love the movie Breakfast at TIffany's.
    Yes, she was and she was a great lady. I love that movie too.