Thread: Hair care of movie stars from the past - oil-shampoo

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair care of movie stars from the past - oil-shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by Debra83 View Post
    I wonder how Watkins got their Cocoa Nut Oil Shampoo not to solidify? or if it did?
    I am guessing that they used an emulsifyer like one of the polysorbates. Either that or it was soap based with coconut oil as one of the oils in the soap.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by In2wishin View Post
    I am guessing that they used an emulsifyer like one of the polysorbates. Either that or it was soap based with coconut oil as one of the oils in the soap.
    "Mulsified" which is in the name, means emulsified, so you are correct in your first thought. What emulsifyer they had back then or used - this was a long time ago - is another story.

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I wonder if anyone has "copyrighted" the shampoo and conditioner method. If not, maybe I'll start claiming to!
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Length
    CHIN/APL/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

I'm very scared to post in this thread and I have been using the oil shampoo method since this thread started! I have a perfect method, perfect shampoo, perfect conditioning method for after I shampoo.

I'm even more afraid to post because I might be sued if I post my oil shampoo results and the method I developed for myself. The method of shampooing with oil that works for me.

I have not posted here for some time because I began to feel that, because I was not reaching the OP's definition of Optimal Results, even using two of the recommended optimal shampoos, I was doing something wrong. The threatening attitude of the OP was very off-putting, and in my mind, no longer in the spirit of friendly sharing of information.

I'm still using coconut oil, but it is my own method which works for me, and is not the method the OP claims to have created. There is no need for me to try and adhere to a method which does not work for me.

Any recipes and results I have posted here are my own experimentation and belong solely to me. I have chosen to share them with like-minded people. I never gave permission for the information I shared freely to be used in any other blog, article, or publication from which the OP may profit. I do not agree, nor do I give permission for, any information I have shared freely to be used in any such manner.
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    Ktani

I cannot remove my own posts in this thread as that will likely get me infraction points or bans, as it is prohibited by the TOS.

I have used liquid fractionated coconut oil with whatever shampoo I could find and always used conditioner. I do not believe that 'doing it my way' (no measurements, no timings, no recording, no optimal results checking) is your intellectual property or your method. I have also been doing hot oil treatments since about 2002 (pre-joining-LHC, as my grandmother taught me how she did hers) under wrapped cling film and using a hair dryer. Sometimes I also wrap the film in a towel to keep the heat in. The timings for that are also not recorded. I just stop when my arm gets tired. I do not see how this sort of treatment can also be 'your method'.

I would like to request that you (a) remove your links to my reports from the first page; (b) do not use my reports in any 'research' that you are putting together; and (c) do not use my username or any of my quotes in anything else that may be discussed, whether it be in your personal research projects, blogs or in this thread. As you have stated you do not own people's reports and I would like to remove my reports from this thread.

I will continue to talk about my own oilings and shampoos in person and on my blog. Feel free to threaten me with legal action as it will not stand up. Yes, I got the idea of adding oil to my shampoo from this thread - actually, from the articles posted about Carole Lombard, who was doing it long before we all were. What I do is not your method and therefore I am not subject to your copyright.
    No problem. Please go through the reports in the first post of this thread and tell me their numbers so I can delete them from the posts in question. As to your posts here I can do nothing to help you.

I have never threatened anyone here at any time. That is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by NiAosSi View Post
    I'm very scared to post in this thread and I have been using the oil shampoo method since this thread started! I have a perfect method, perfect shampoo, perfect conditioning method for after I shampoo.

I'm even more afraid to post because I might be sued if I post my oil shampoo results and the method I developed for myself. The method of shampooing with oil that works for me.
    Please see above.

Sipping Darjeeling with Jesus and LisaJaney
    Length
    24/42.5/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I did not share methods I read about. I created them. The oiling method is an offshoot of the shampoo method.

You may not be familiar with my posts or articles. I explained this in the Article, which you said you read.

I never at any time said this was a scientific experiment.

I never at any time started the experimentation or solicited it.

Yes, I tracked results. Yes, I came up with ideas for solutions that have worked for people in a number of cases and other ideas as well.

I am going by the number of reports recorded here.

We seem to be going in circles. I believe I have been clear.

Please state where exactly you are having trouble understanding what I have written in the Article. Or better yet, please, show me the method I "read about". I named and cited all sources. The only things named in the Articles were "oil shampoos" and one without the actual recipe.

I addressed the coconut oil research as well, both years.
    You're right, you have never said this was a scientific experiment, but you have treated it as such. You have encouraged people to post reports of their results, urging them to include specifics about the brands and ratios used. That is soliciting.

You have also stated in your plagiarism article:

I take credit for the analysis of all of the research I did and continue to do in this thread that I put together, and the idea that coconut oil added to shampoo is best regardless of the method used, as opposed to buying a ready made coconut oil shampoo, made with virgin coconut oil or not.

The ideas, and the details that I outlined based on my analysis of research, as to what coconut oil, and other high content lauric acid oils can do added to shampoo, whether they act as a surface conditioning aid only, and why my methods are crucial to the oils being an internal hair conditioner as well are my work.

If I choose to write about my work, I am the only one who will be making money from it not anyone else, even if I have to make it through litigation. I will litigate over my work in this thread in a heartbeat, if I have to do so. All my posts are dated here.
    You say the posters have ownership over their posts, but you claim ownership over what you have done with their information, to the point of making money from it, even through litigation. "Your work" (questionable) may be your own (questionable again), but your methods of extrapolation leave your conclusions in doubt.

~ click the pic ~

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

mod hat:
    Please allow the moderation team to pause this thread for now, to have the time to discuss the recent developments.
    It may stay closed or reopen again when the team came to a conclusion.

Please feel free to open other threads for discussing the how-tos of oil-shampoos in the meantime