Quote Originally Posted by dagny View Post
Sabayon,

so, it is possible to lighten a full head of hair after using henna?

I read Nightshade's post about using Sun-in to lighten henna(but I can' see the photos yet to know how light her hair got after the Sun-in) and thought that this might be a good idea. She said that she didn't really notice any damage to her hair. Did you get any damage after you bleached your hair?

Thx!
If you just want to lift the color a bit so it is slightly lighter sun-in may work fine, but I was trying to completely remove mine, going from a medium intense auburn to dark blond. Red in general is harder to get out then other hair colors and henna is harder to get out than normal color so the only way to get the color way out is to bleach it, and personally I am settling for a strawberry-blond that will blend with the natural color. Getting to this required bleaching it intensely and covering it over with permanent dye. It is definitely damaging. If you spend some time treating your hair extra well to get it in top condition beforehand and then do a few DTs immediately afterward it is okay, but I expect to eventually have to cut out all my current hair before I can get to term. It's a trade-off for not having to henna my hair every four weeks and having it look bad after two (since the contrast between henna and my natural color was so sharp).