Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: - Straightening hair without heat ?

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default - Straightening hair without heat ?

- I found one way which I don't like anymore, which is to seperate my hair into 6 tight braids after I've showered .

Then when it's dry, the next day, I open the braids and it looks like weird Barbie hair and after I sleep on it, it's straight .

I'm looking for other curlies or wurlies that have other methods that work maybe in a quicker way, or whatever works really .

I like down playing my curls atm, having straight hair/little bit wavy is ideal now ^^

I tried the sockbun but that didn't work for me . .
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: - Straightening hair without head ?

I see you have 2c like me, you could try a wrap overnight on normally air dried hair. There are lots of tutorials on youtube.

ETA: I just saw some pics from your album and looks 3a, if that's air dried, you would find better results with slightly damp hair.
    Last edited by Lianna; January 13th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.

You have such pretty curls. Why fight it?
    Missing person advocates and crime discussion
    http://www.justicequest.net/forums

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    You have such pretty curls. Why fight it?
    - I like change, and at the moment I like straight hair on myself . Or more wavy .
    It's not as if I want to completely kill my curls, I'd love to have my hair curcly once it gets to the length I want, but for this length, straight looks better ^^
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadMistress View Post
    I'd love to have my hair curcly once it gets to the length I want, but for this length, straight looks better ^^
    That's how I feel too. I love curls, and wish I have a bunch of them past APL! But for now I like my pony waves better.

Length
    17"/22"/30"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

A big fat french braid will pull mine into loose waves. If I do it wet and then let it down when it's slightly damp and gently comb it it's pretty straight.

I find my hair is more willing to be straightish if I oil it a little heavier than normal. If it looks greasy I can use a dusting powder like dry shampoo to freshen it up without putting the curls back.
    - Yeah TOAST -

Length
    CHN/APL/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I would always damp bum, that would create straighter hair on the top, and loose waves on the bottom. This only worked around BSL, it got to be too much bun twist when my hair got longer. I was doing a cinnamon bun.

Length
    18/37/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I've had really good results from wrapping my hair overnight; I had a thread about that somewhere I can dig up for you if you like and there are pictures in my album and in my blog. It takes a whole night to work, but only about 10-15 minutes to put up and then your job is to go to sleep, so it's easy

I also damp bun, fingercomb out, brush gently, rebun in a different spot, repeat until hair is dry. This is good for retaining volume and a little kick at the ends for me, but it's a lot of handling. I also find what cataphract says to be true - more oil, fewer curls.

I love your hair; it is beautiful, but I *totally* understand your quest for straight hair

Length
    2/26/~30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Two rope braids overnight (starting at the ears level) make my hair not exactly straight but very slightly wavy. The key is to braid tight but directing it down instead of overlapping strands, if that makes sense.

Hair is like cat. You can't really tame it, you just have to care and enjoy.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I used to brush my hair while it was drying after a shower, and it would dry much more on the straight side.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3