Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    APL/CLASS/CLASS
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

My boyfriend has curly hair and his was very annoying short, but it grew out and it's now just past his shoulders, he wears it in a ponytail everyday. His is very curly when it's short, but at this length its mostly wavy and only curly on the ends. It took him a few months to get to a length he could tie back, but it happened

Try bobby pins, also known as kirby grips, to pin your hair out of your eyes, or buy a headband - they are cheap and easy to find I'm not sure how you are dressing now, but if you are not dressing particularly feminine yet a narrow plain black one would look nice, or go to a store that sells hippie clothes or ethnic ones - they often have wide stretchy headbands that would look very good in your dark hair

Length
    7/5/bum
    Type
    3c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

Oh, wavy hair would be nice if my hair getting long but I heard there are might three type of curly if they are long. wavy, frizzy or most likely afro

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DeafTransGirl View Post
    Oh, wavy hair would be nice if my hair getting long but I heard there are might three type of curly if they are long. wavy, frizzy or most likely afro
    No, whoever told you that was wrong, wrong, wrong. There are many types of curly hair. When you have a few more posts you'll be able to access more member pictures posted here and you'll be able to see the varied types of beautiful, healthy, curly hair possible.

You might want to have a look at the Naturally Curly hair site as well. They have their own classification system for curly hair because there are so many different types and textures.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think you will be happiest with your hair if you leave it natural and learn to work with it the way it is rather than using a flat-iron or a chemical process. There are nice products that tame frizz and make curls look gorgeous. I'm not a curly, so I can't advise you on the best ones for you.

You have a very long goal, and while you might be able to dye it and still have it long, you can't dye it AND straighten it because it will most likely break off rather than grow long.

I don't use a towel on my hair. I turban it in 2 flannel pillowcases (one inside the other) until I get tired of the weight of it. Then I drop my hair down and let it air dry, then comb it. The longer it gets, the better it behaves, and the less I have to do to it to make it look good. I do use aloe vera gel or styling gel or styling creme to smooth the surface frizz, which I have in abundance - enough frizz for everybody here. Product helps a lot.

Length
    WL/TBL+/TBL++
    Type
    3c/M/iii

If you want your hair long black and less curly then you should try henna/indigo or henna katam. this way you will get the color, maintain healthy length and reduce the curl.
    Unlike you, i prefer my hair as curly as possible, but because i'm using henna, my curl is less defined and seems more wavy now after years of using henna.

How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Talking Re: I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

Welcome to LHC!
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    8"/16."/36"
    Type
    1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by 3azza View Post
    If you want your hair long black and less curly then you should try henna/indigo or henna katam. this way you will get the color, maintain healthy length and reduce the curl.
    Unlike you, i prefer my hair as curly as possible, but because i'm using henna, my curl is less defined and seems more wavy now after years of using henna.

I agree! I've just dyed my hair with pure henna two days ago. My hair had a slight wave to it, and it definitely seems less wavey now. From what I've read, this reaction to henna doesn't happen with everyone, but some find that the more you henna, the less curl you have.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Hello!

I agree with most of what others have already said. It might be helpful to look for others here that have a similar hair type and length as you.

Crown wrappings/doobies, as previously mentioned, can be a great alternative to straightening the hair with heat. There are a few thread on this forum about that as well as many helpful tutorials on Youtube.

Eating and drinking a lot of nutrient rich foods and drinks will always help you. You may want to look into supplements if you feel your diet is lacking.

As far as trimming your hair, you may want to look into the "search and destroy" method. You can trim as you feel is needed to keep the ends shaped the way you would like them. There really are no "rules".

On a more personal note, I would like to say that I know it can be hard to write in a second language. I have a couple of friends who speak ASL. I do not speak it, and so we communicate mostly by written note and what they can teach me of ASL. The translations are so different and I know writing can be difficult. But you seem to be doing a great job at it. I also wanted to say that I am so proud of you for going through what you need to to be who you truly are. You seem like a very brave, strong girl.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hi DeafTransGirl! Welcome to the forum! I've also always wanted to grow my hair to tailbone length or classic as well! But to answer your question about dyeing your hair. It depends on what kind of dye you are planning on using on it. I dye my hair, and it doesn't cause any damage at all. Because, I take good care of my chemically-treated hair! I have both relaxed and color-treated hair. There is a such thing as people have very long processed hair without it being damaged.