Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with crazy hair idea!

Length
    2,5/12,5/CB
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Red face Help with crazy hair idea!

At the moment I have this horrible grown out alternative pixie [ I began with Emma Watson pixie ] which has become a curly/wavy Beatles hairstyle. My hair is very thick and I love that it's curly again after some dye mistakes..

It's like this no...Hi Ringo Starr *sigh*

That's why I hate that I have this idea of bleaching my hair, I think it will look so amazing but it can also turn out really..horrible, dry and frizzy.

It's finaly healthy now that why I had to go back to the pixie, to get life back into my hair. I don't want to make a mistake again and grow out a pixie AGAIN.

My idea, 3 inches of my hair are henna'd and my own colour which is brown.
    The top is purple-ish black with also henna in it and is still from a dye mistake. I want to bleach that out remove that colour to ver-ver-very blonde, platinum blonde. When it's that I want to use Manic Panic light blue to get is a Sea-foam colour.

I only want to do this in the back on my mullet and 3 inches of my bangs.

What are you experiences, is it worth the trouble, will it look good, yada yada I JUST REALLY NEED HELP AND NOT FROM A HAIRDRESSER WHO SIMPLY WANTS MONEY xD!

This is btw the colour I want so baddddd
    Last edited by Kumiko033; June 5th, 2011 at 06:31 AM.

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Help with crazy hair idea!

I don't have any solid advice but I am a big big fan of cool unnatural hair colours like this so I'm still having this debate with myself as well xD

If it's only a few parts of your hair (I assume you'll cut the mullet part out eventually? And bangs grow so fast anyway, if you plan on keeping them) then honestly I'd say go for it, hair is supposed to be fun

That picture is pure awesome by the way.

Length
    shldr/bcl/more?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Maybe try to remove the purple/black before bleaching with color oops or something like that.
    I'm afraid you'll have to bleach several times since the color you want needs a very pale base and henna is difficult to remove, you might fry your hair. So it can't hurt to try something less damaging before ^^

Anyway, i love the idea, good luck

ETA : oh and try this forum, i'm not a member there but they look helpful
    Last edited by Aeltt; June 5th, 2011 at 08:12 AM.

Haha. Ringo Starr. That's where my hair is right now, too.

I'd say don't bleach if it has ruined your hair before. I know most people here would still consider us short-hairs, but that pixie-to-moptop stage is killer! I'd say be nice to your hair, dye very carefully, and avoid going through that again.

That being said, that seafoam color makes me drool.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aeltt View Post
    Maybe try to remove the purple/black before bleaching with color oops or something like that.
    I'm afraid you'll have to bleach several times since the color you want needs a very pale base and henna is difficult to remove, you might fry your hair. So it can't hurt to try something less damaging before ^^

Having bleached out henna before, I also highly recommend color oops or something like it before bleach. Manic Panic lightens well, as does any "high lift" bleach. Drugstore box brands aren't worth your time. I have found that under 2 henna applications, bleach takes it out to pale yellow easy enough on my naturally dark blonde hair. Over 2, it only comes out to a strawberry-orangish color and I have to trim to remove it. I usually bleach only once with Manic Panic 30 or 40V to get this color. Any more just ruins my hair. I wish you luck!!! I too love the unnatural colors. I just can't do them or my ex would probably try to get my kids taken away from me.

Have fun!
    Last edited by redheadlynn; June 5th, 2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling :P I need coffee!
    INTP. CO/CWC. Henna/Henna-Indigo. Mom of 3! Growing hair from ear length since May 2011.

Length
    2,5/12,5/CB
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ifthemoonsmiled View Post
    Haha. Ringo Starr. That's where my hair is right now, too.

I'd say don't bleach if it has ruined your hair before. I know most people here would still consider us short-hairs, but that pixie-to-moptop stage is killer! I'd say be nice to your hair, dye very carefully, and avoid going through that again.

That being said, that seafoam color makes me drool.
    Bleach hasn't ruined my hair before, it was black dye actualy. The dye was so heavy that it made my curls go straight. I had to cut it out there was no way to fix it .

I have used bleach before, well my hairdresser bleached it for me and it wasn't damaged in no way or form but now it needs to be stripped first to get out the black colour..I'm pretty nervous

Length
    2,5/12,5/CB
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aeltt View Post

I'm not going to try anything myself, no bleaching at home haha. I'll just let the hairdresser do so when I know what's a safe go and what's not. I was afraid so that henna was hard to remove..ouch.

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Since you have henna on your hair, don't count on being able to bleach it out! If you try, you are likely to end up with orange-colored straw.
    If you want a radical change of color, I recommend that you rather work out something that will work with the henna you have. The only certain way to get rid of henna is by cutting it off.
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    2,5/12,5/CB
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alvrodul View Post
    Since you have henna on your hair, don't count on being able to bleach it out! If you try, you are likely to end up with orange-colored straw.
    If you want a radical change of color, I recommend that you rather work out something that will work with the henna you have. The only certain way to get rid of henna is by cutting it off.
    How come that it's a pain to bleach out henna ? Since it is possible to bleach out black ?

Length
    shldr/bcl/more?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I think it's because henna binds to the protein instead of just sitting on top or penetrating the hair if i remember well

(but a friend of mine removed her henna with three bleaches- once every month- and is now pale yellow. I guess it it's not saturated you can try bleaching it out)
    Last edited by Aeltt; June 5th, 2011 at 09:17 AM.