Thread: Beautiful LONG SILVER hair for mature ladies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    5 in/30 in/48 in
    Type
    1c/F/i

Default Beautiful LONG SILVER hair for mature ladies

I have long, silver hair to my waist. Because we now have to live in hot, humid San Antonio, Texas, I often wear this beautiful hair in a braid down my back. The majority of the indigenous women here? At age 35 they cut their hair as a bob style and dye it black. They are AFRAID to show their beautiful silver. I am proud of my beautiful, long silver hair because I HAVE EARNED IT. You can't fake our hair color...so why don't more women wear THEIR hair long, flowing and SILVER?!

Length
    5 in/30 in/48 in
    Type
    1c/F/i

Default Re: Beautiful LONG SILVER hair for mature ladies

I have long, silver hair to my waist. Because we now have to live in hot, humid San Antonio, Texas, I often wear this beautiful hair in a braid down my back. The majority of the indigenous women here? At age 35 they cut their hair as a bob style and dye it black. They are AFRAID to show their beautiful silver. I am proud of my beautiful, long silver hair because I HAVE EARNED IT. You can't fake our hair color...so why don't more women wear THEIR hair long, flowing and SILVER?! [/quote]

I would like to include a picture of MY hair but I cannot find an upload box. Help, please...I want everyone to see that long silver hair IS BEAUTIFUL and that no one should cut and dye their hair if they don't want to!

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by abjonsdottir View Post
    I have long, silver hair to my waist. Because we now have to live in hot, humid San Antonio, Texas, I often wear this beautiful hair in a braid down my back. The majority of the indigenous women here? At age 35 they cut their hair as a bob style and dye it black. They are AFRAID to show their beautiful silver. I am proud of my beautiful, long silver hair because I HAVE EARNED IT. You can't fake our hair color...so why don't more women wear THEIR hair long, flowing and SILVER?!
    I would like to include a picture of MY hair but I cannot find an upload box. Help, please...I want everyone to see that long silver hair IS BEAUTIFUL and that no one should cut and dye their hair if they don't want to![/quote]

Hi! I'd love to see pics too. You need to host your photograph on an image sharing site, like Photobucket, in order to link it here.

Photobucket is free and easy to use. Good luck!

Length
    5 in/30 in/48 in
    Type
    1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    I would like to include a picture of MY hair but I cannot find an upload box. Help, please...I want everyone to see that long silver hair IS BEAUTIFUL and that no one should cut and dye their hair if they don't want to!
    Hi! I'd love to see pics too. You need to host your photograph on an image sharing site, like Photobucket, in order to link it here.

Photobucket is free and easy to use. Good luck![/quote]

I just added a picture of the back of my hair in my member profile. I hope this will enable others to see my silver long hair. Will this work or should I do the Photobucket thing? Thanks! I like your member picture. Is that really your hair? Gorgeous!!!

Length
    3 in/27.5/27.5
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Welcome to LHC, abjonsdottir! I looked at your profile pic and your lovely hair looks much thicker than 'i,' in my opinion.

Length
    5 in/30 in/48 in
    Type
    1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Honestwitness View Post
    Welcome to LHC, abjonsdottir! I looked at your profile pic and your lovely hair looks much thicker than 'i,' in my opinion.
    Hello! Your hair is lovely, too. What is "i"? If need be, I will alter my thickness to the indicator which shows it is thick. I am not skilled yet (LOL!) with the system at the Long Hair Community! Is this a picture of you? That is a great hairdo. Silver hair looks great up or down! Thanks!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think the only problem with silver/white/gray hair is that it's associated with aging, and this is a youth-oriented culture. If the same color commonly sprouted from young heads, many more people would love it.

Personally, I love my natural color. It changes with the light. It almost glows in the dark in that it picks up the least little bit of light and shines. It's like fiberoptics!
    Last edited by spidermom; October 12th, 2011 at 10:39 AM.

Length
    5 in/30 in/48 in
    Type
    1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I think the only problem with silver/white/gray hair is that it's associated with aging, and this is a youth-oriented culture. If the same color commonly sprouted from young heads, many more people would love it.

Personally, I love my natural color. It changes with the light. It almost glows in the dark in that it picks up the least little bit of light and shines. It's like fiberoptics!
    Spidermom...you go, girl! Your hair is gorgeous! Methinks that many younger folks (thanks to Lady Gaga, etc.) are loving silvering hair more and more. And what I also am seeing is that the more PROGRESSIVE and intelligent the heart of the city/society is? The more the women there embrace their beautiful silvering hair. Here in San Antonio, Texas (where I am NOT from), the native women at age 35 cut their hair into pageboys and dye it dark brown. They are AFRAID of the power that silver hair and experience can bring. However, in a place like Seattle, Washington? The women LOVE their silver. You see many, many silvers with their hair long and flowing. They EMBRACE their experience and silver beauty!!! You, Spidermom, truly ARE one of the progressive, brilliant embracers! Bravo!!!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Well, they might be afraid of the discrimination that gray hair can bring in such a place.

The Seattle area has a lot going for it. I read so many stories on LHC of people being told they should cut their hair because they're too old for long hair, or because long hair just isn't in style, in other parts of the country/world, but around here people don't say that. Not to me they don't, anyway.

Length
    15 in/30 in/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I agree that there is discrimination among employers in this country re grey or silver hair. In fact, there is discrimination against any signs of aging which is why even corporate males turn to plastic surgery to look younger.

On the other hand, I have seen gorgeous silver or grey hair on some women and have envied them their good looks in silver or grey hair. However, not all women have the right coloring to look good in silver or grey hair and those that don't and resort to dying their grey or silver are in no way less mature or sophisticated than those that decide to keep their natural silver or grey.