Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread: Buxus dioica AKA katam

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Buxus dioica AKA katam

Is anybody here still katam-ing? I'd love to hear people's results over time.

If your katam has staying power (for browning/ashing down the henna a little): did you do it as a two-step (henna or hendigo first, then katam) or all together?

Thanks!

Length
    12 in/15 in/30 in
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlennaGirl View Post
    Is anybody here still katam-ing? I'd love to hear people's results over time.

If your katam has staying power (for browning/ashing down the henna a little): did you do it as a two-step (henna or hendigo first, then katam) or all together?

Thanks!
    I would love to know also!! I have moroccan henna and katam(buxus) waiting to be used this weekend! I would love to hear different recipes and what the best mix is for roots that are mostly white, gray and a few natural color hairs left, which is dark brown alomost black. I have only used henna/indigo once and the indigo took amazingly to my fried chemical hair only, everything else the henna took to wonderfully and I have really really ornage roots now! But I am not giving up, I love henna and how it has made my hair feel and look! But I really only want to be a medium brown, as I am to old for dark dark hair anymore!

Length
    50 cm/55/70 cm
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

hi there!
    I tried the katam for the 1st time for my last henna session (2 steps) last week.
    The idea is to get a mahogany brown (with slight red highlights, difficult to avoid completely anyway), cover the grey hair and avoid to use too much indigo in my recipe and then get too dark hair at the end.

Here we go:

Henna step 1 only on the roots: 60g rajasthan henna + Egypt henna (to try it and also for rajasthan henna shortage reasons) + hot rosemary and sage infusion (for brown) + cider vinegar. The mix was put to rest for 3 hours in a bain marie in my rice cooker!!
    I put the mixture on the roots durong 3 hours 1/2

step 2 on roots and the rest : indigo 23g + amla 20g + katam 20g + 53 g Rajasthan henna (30g) and Egypt henna (23g) + salt +egg+ hot rosemary and sage infusion+ aloe vera.
    I kept it 1hour 1/2.
    Result : texture ok, color is great (dark mahogany with red highlights especially on grey hair!) but the roots are still too bright to my taste.
    It's ok anyway but I would like to avoid to get a two shades with a clear difference between roots and lenght...same old story when it comes to grey hair covering!!

I will indeed use katam again mixed with indigo as I did the first time or without.

Length
    BSL/73 cm/Tb
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Thought I'd give an update...

DH has been doing his goatee with henna (pre-dye-released and frozen as henna cubes) and katam (added in roughly equal amounts right before application), and the results are quite good. The new one isn't the greatest picture of him, but....

Before........................................Afte r

Why yes, we do have yellow walls.
    Where can I find this post? I was looking all over the forum

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sissilonghair View Post
    Where can I find this post? I was looking all over the forum
    Page 51.

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/for...tee#post408549

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    BSL/73 cm/Tb
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cheetahfast View Post
    That's not it....I meant the original post...I remember more info about getting that color result and two bigger pictures.

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Hello! I am returning to using henna, and have also ordered some buxus as I'd love to know if using a mix of the two would give me what I want

I have natural ash blonde hair, and dyed brownish length. The henna on my length goes auburn, whilst at the roots it can be a bit ginger/red. Now, I love the ginger/red, but it looks weird at the moment with the other darker bits. I tried indigo a long time ago and just kept getting darker and darker until it was pretty much black. So I don't want that again, and I hear buxus is far more likely to fade and hence NOT build up. This would work great for me. What I'd plan is to use straight henna/henna gloss on the length, and then a ratio of henna/buxus on the roots - but what strength? I don't want brown, I want auburn, and I'd only use buxus at the roots.....would 70% henna, 30% buxus be too much? too little?

I do hope this works.....
    Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sissilonghair View Post
    That's not it....I meant the original post...I remember more info about getting that color result and two bigger pictures.
    Ah. I know what you're talking about. I had seen it when I was reading up about using buxus over my henna. I can't remember how I found it.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I use katam over my henna hair.

More about my experiences here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=81450

I really like the result!
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Length
    BSL/73 cm/Tb
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
    I use katam over my henna hair.

More about my experiences here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=81450

I really like the result!
    Very helpful....thanks for sharing