Quote Originally Posted by Olivia23 View Post
Wow. I used henna and buxus for the first and last time today. I want brown hair again after years of just straight henna. I tried henna and indigo before but hated the mess indigo made plus it has a strong odor and it's very difficult to work through my hair. Well buxus was worse!

I ordered through mehandi so it's was from a reputable company, but it was so gritty it was harder to mash in my hair than indigo. I used about a 60/40 mix of buxus/henna. The buxus dried out quickly in my hair before I could work it through and my mix was runny! It left dried pieces everywhere! Also it was difficult to wash out and even when I thought I had it all out and I was combing through my hair, dried bits were falling out everywhere!

I'm now wondering if alma and henna would be better.
This was my experience as well today. I used up the last of my Jamila henna yesterday, and today I prepared a strong gloss of katam, pinch of salt, splash of ACV and warm water. I added kiwi lime condish and applied it to damp hair.

It was so difficult to spread, and I had it flaking as well. Henna flakes too...so the flaking bit is getting pretty irritating to me. It's such a pain to clean up!

I had to add just conditioner to my hair to get it to spread a bit more. I put on a plastic shopping bag, (I'm out of disposable hair caps, and shower caps start to hurt after awhile) and then hair cap thing I got at walmart that ties in the back. It started dripping so bad! So I wrapped a bandanna around my head and put a knit stocking over that! It still dripped some, lol.

I could only stand it for an hour, so I rinsed. And rinsed. AND RINSED. My Lord, the stuff was so gritty...I never had such a hard time getting henna or cassia out...I used up the rest of my condish but finally got it all out. I did a ACV rinse after.

It did seem to work well on the orange bits...a warm reddish brown. I wish I could take pics, but my kids broke my camera.

Anyway, I don't know what my next step is. I just might get some manic panic or something similar again. I wish I could just make up my mind and be content with the color of my hair!!