Hi there, my name is Jessica. I've been a member of the wonderful LHC for a few years now, but you wouldn't know it to look at my hair today - its very short!

After a couple of years' hiatus from the boards (not a conscious decision at all) I feel 100% ready to commit myself to having long, healthy hair that I can feel proud of again.

As I type, my hair is the shortest it has ever been. Its a very short pixie-ish crop, about 1inch all over. I actually really like it, there's an element of feeling 'stripped back' about it that is quite special. But I'm ready to be a long-hair for life now, more than ever.

I've discovered over the past three years or so, that I take my emotions out on my hair. I won't go into this at length (whoops no pun intended!), suffice to say that I've been operating within this strange, overwhelming bubble of thought that "if I change the colour of my hair and/or cut it certain ways, I'll be more like the person I think I should be"... something along those lines, the subconcious psyche is a difficult thing to grapple with in a few short lines!

Sharing those thoughts above with you is a hard thing for me to do as I've spent so long trying to convince myself that's not the case, even though I know deep down that it is.

My wonderful husband has been so patient throughout all of my ups and downs (as my hair has gotten shorter and shorter and changed colours a multitude of times) but we both know its time for me to start making clear decisions about who I am, not who I think I should be or how I should dress to pretend to be like someone else (who I think is much more interesting/exciting/intelligent than me).

So here I am. All 1 inch of hair, after so many years since I joined the boards!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of posting, reading about other people's journeys and sharing my own journey.

I just wanted to say "hello!" and that I hope to see you around on the boards soon. I hope you don't mind what I have shared above, I just thought it was important to talk about it and perhaps open the door for someone else who may be experiencing the same diffculties to feel like they're not alone.

Happy growing, hope to type with you soon
Jessica