Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Is your hair long for religious/spiritual reasons?

Default Re: Is your hair long for religious/spiritual reasons?

I am christian and agree with Paul that long hair is a glory to woman. I think it looks beautiful and usually makes a woman look younger and feminine. And I'm totally ok with looking more beautiful, younger and feminine than I would with very short hair

Length
    Ear/WL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

I am not a religious person, though my family is Lutheran.
    At most i'd consider myself spiritual- in the sense that i've always been super interested in groups that dance around spiritualism and believe that long hair is not only a proving factor of ones patience but also protection, energy w/ how you view yourself and how others see you, connection with nature, nutrition, etc. I could read about that sort of stuff all day, and maybe take some parts here and there for my own beliefs- but I don't strictly follow it.
    Besides that general interest, It's also as simple as I like long hair better than short hair on myself lol.

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Nope, I just prefer it to short hair (which is nothing but a nuisance). I may believe in a higher power, but I don't consider myself religious (though a good friend of mine is that happened to be born on Christmas Day).
    No friend requests, please. I won't accept them
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL

Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Yes and no. I don't think it's required, but I do think that it's beautiful, both here and in divine sight.

There is such a thing as pride about long hair which I don't think is healthy, though.

Length
    23/23/29
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I used to cut/dye my hair during rough patches in my life. I did not start growing my hair for spiritual reasons, but as I have been healing my hair has grown with me. My hair has come to have a lot of spiritual meaning. It reminds me how far I've come and caring for it is a way to show myself love.

Length
    MBL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NLavender View Post
    I used to cut/dye my hair during rough patches in my life. I did not start growing my hair for spiritual reasons, but as I have been healing my hair has grown with me. My hair has come to have a lot of spiritual meaning. It reminds me how far I've come and caring for it is a way to show myself love.
    I really resonate with this, and definitely feel like taking better care of my hair has been part of improving my life in general.