Thread: If my ends dry quickly...

Length
    38"/52''/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Question If my ends dry quickly...

Hey, everyone. My question is this: If my ends dry quickly after a shower, does that mean they are dry/damaged? I know ends always dry first, but if they dry really fast, are they damaged or too dry?

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: If my ends dry quickly...

They're thinner than the rest of the length.... I wouldn't think it would signify damage, though. Just less hair to dry?

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.

Length
    38"/52''/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nobeltonya View Post
    They're thinner than the rest of the length.... I wouldn't think it would signify damage, though. Just less hair to dry?
    I hope not! Thanks!

Length
    pixie/hip/eh
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Maybe this is weird, but I actually find that my ends are the last to dry. I assumed it was thanks to gravity pulling water down faster than evaporation can work.

Length
    38"/52''/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by robin000 View Post
    Maybe this is weird, but I actually find that my ends are the last to dry. I assumed it was thanks to gravity pulling water down faster than evaporation can work.
    That's what I thought should happen too, but my ends are usually drying up by the time I'm done combing my hair (I have mid-butt length hair).

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

My ends are dry, hmm, let's think... a minute after taking down a towel from my head In my case they are damaged, but it's not general logic. I'd say it's just that there is less hair to dry Don't worry. You'd see other signs if our ends were damaged.

Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

my ends usually take longer than the rest of my hair when i use enough condishner to moisterise it enough to make it feel like my roots.when i don't use a lot my ends dry faster but don't feel right when dry tangle more easily and feel kinda dried out .

Length
    38"/52''/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by braidgirl22 View Post
    my ends usually take longer than the rest of my hair when i use enough condishner to moisterise it enough to make it feel like my roots.when i don't use a lot my ends dry faster but don't feel right when dry tangle more easily and feel kinda dried out .
    I always use a buttload of conditioner on my ends and let it sit for about two minutes. Should I be leaving it in longer?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Some of that might have to do with how well you've dried your hair, how it's sitting while it's drying, how thick your hair is, etc. My ends are always dripping because my hair is pretty wet, you just may take more time to towel off or something. I don't think it would indicate health of the individual strands, just how well the mass of hair holds water between the strands before it evaporates.

Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I leave mine on the whole time i'm shaving and washing up.I use aubrey organic conditioner.If your hair is just drying faster at the ends but dose not seem dried out when it dries then i'd say your doing whats right for your hair.mine needs more moister on the ends cause of years of abusing my hair but it has been about 2 and a half years since i stopped.