Thread: zombie shuffling towards a re-introduction

Type
    1a/M/ii

Default zombie shuffling towards a re-introduction

Hello again! I was here for about a minute about a year? a year and a half? ago... then I got pregnant and had a baby (my first) and my whole world went a little wacky. Now he is out of the newborn stage (praise!) and I feel like I can take a few minutes every now and then to breathe again. In an effort to make myself feel more like a human being, I have been slowly trying to make time for myself again- and I found myself returning to LHC (where I never did anything more than lurk, truly).

Also my hair is shedding into oblivion thanks to (I guess?) no more prenatal vitamins and I got panicky and wanted to return to my people.

SO hello (again) from hot and humid (but not as humid as it has been recently!) Maryland.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: zombie shuffling towards a re-introduction

Welcome back! I have heard that people who get pregnant lose some hair after they gained a lot during the pregnancy. I don't know a lot about that though so you can have fun asking around on this website for more information. For some reason I faintly remember talking to a member here (E....something) who might have gotten pregnant, lost a lot of her thickness, and then gained it back over the years. But her case might be a little more extreme and I don't remember too well if she lost the hair from pregnancy specifically. Sorry, but again, welcome!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Welcome back! I have heard that people who get pregnant lose some hair after they gained a lot during the pregnancy. I don't know a lot about that though so you can have fun asking around on this website for more information. For some reason I faintly remember talking to a member here (E....something) who might have gotten pregnant, lost a lot of her thickness, and then gained it back over the years. But her case might be a little more extreme and I don't remember too well if she lost the hair from pregnancy specifically. Sorry, but again, welcome!
    ETA: sorry double post

Type
    1a/M/ii

Thank you! I didn't shed hardly at all when I was pregnant, so it almost seems like I'm "catching up" on 9 months of shedding all in one go- yuck. I think it has something to do with the iron in prenatal vitamins- they pump you full of iron, and then you stop taking it once baby is here... I'm fairly certain it's normal, but it was enough to send me back here... plus I needed more updo hairstyles so I can hide my mane from tiny hands

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Your shedding is normal, it's not about pre-natal vitamins, but your own hormones. You have possibly stopped breast feeding or reduced it a while ago, and this has launches your hormones back to normal from the pregnancy/breastfeeding phase. Like you said, when pregnant, many women find their hair sheds very little and grows faster. Some women experience big shed right after giving birth (or few monsths after), some go through it after stopping breast feeding (and some never notice any difference). It's going to grow back in time, and sometimes there might be texture changes too, like former straight haired women finding waves It's very interesting how our bodies work!

I hope you'll find your time here relaxing and renewing, goodness knows many new moms need some me-time badly!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hi, and welcome again!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1a/M/ii

Oh, of course it's hormones! Doh! That makes total sense. Someone at my work mentioned that her hair changed texture completely after her pregnancies... I would be interested to see what mine does. I wouldn't complain about a little wave