Thread: (new, hiya) pregnancy

Default (new, hiya) pregnancy

Hi everyone.
    So I was catching my wife up then suddenly a few months into being pregnant her hair grew longer and thicker than I could ever imagine. Thing is it never stopped, right down to her bum. She says I need to trim mine to make it grow longer but I haven't cut it for a decade and reckon I've maxed. What you reckon, should I cut it?

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: (new, hiya) pregnancy

No, don't cut it. Now, if the ends look straggly then I would trim it but it they look nice then don't worry about it. BTW, your wife is blessed to have long thick hair to her bum as she is pregnant! The thing is when you're pregnant your hair does grow faster, longer, and thicker. But depending on her person after her pregnancy she might shed or loss the hair she grew. I don't know, I'm just guessing but that's what I've learned through from one of my cousins having a baby.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Dark40 is right; childbirth is usually followed by a major shedding of hair.

Look at your ends. If there are a lot of split ends, sunbleaching, white dots, and they generally feel dry and rough, you'd be better off with a trim. Sometimes you can end up with ends that break off faster than your hair can grow. Once you get rid of the damage and have ends that are in good condition, there is a good chance (but not a guarantee) that your hair will grow longer.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome to the forum! I wouldn't cut, no; but it's up to you, of course.

Give it the 2 week rule (it's a thread to decide). Don't do it on impulse, that's for sure!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! Congrats on the pregnancy, such and exciting time for you both! I just had a baby last year and my hair had a moderate shed after the birth. Everything that fell out is now growing back in so it's only a temporary thing. She may not even get a big shed it's all very individual.
    As for your own hair, I would give your ends a good look like others have suggested and base a trim on the condition of them.

Welcome..... and congrats to you both

Hopefully she doesn't have a postpartum shed but...one thing at a time..... enjoy the baby when it arrives and deal with her hair when/if it is needed later.

As for your hair; a small trim wouldn't hurt it seeing it has been that long, then evaluate your care and styling routine to see if that may have any impact re: breakage etc.

The more info you provide as well as posting a hair pic will be more helpful to us reotential changes you could make.

Happy growing

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome