Thread: Old member has returned. What are people using these days for hair loss?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Old member has returned. What are people using these days for hair loss?

I joined this group about 13 years ago and at the time I believe the big hair loss remedy was Monisat. Are people still using that? I am having a hard time searching posts but I did see one from 2017 that said, 'STOP USING MONISTAT IN YOUR HAIR!" No reason was given and I'm wondering if it has fallen out of favor.

Anyway, I am fretting horribly due to massive thinning of my hair that seems to have taken place over the past few months. I've had this on and off over the years but it has reached a critical mass. These are the things I have checked and verified and have tried:

Diet
    Thyroid levels
    Iron
    Biotin, zinc
    Essential oils (Chrome Dome) in Jojoba oil
    Monistat
    Castor oil
    Fluocinonide
    Nizoral
    Shampoo once or twice a week, otherwise CO with VO5 every other day.
    No heat products, no blow dry
    Only natural henna to color

None of these have made any difference and it's getting where if I look at the back of my head in the mirror I can see my scalp through my dark hair. It's really disturbing. I went to a dermatologist and he said I don't have a scalp condition but prescribed the Fluocinonide to try which didn't work.

I am considering PRP injections and Rogaine.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?
    Last edited by marla; December 12th, 2020 at 08:04 AM.