Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your most complicated/ornate braids

Default Your most complicated/ornate braids

What is the most complicated braid you can do? I just tried a five strand braid and its so thick looking and beautiful

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Your most complicated/ornate braids

I can do up to six strands, but it's tough for me!
    I can't Dutch or French braid anything more complicated than 3 strands. Maybe if I practiced, I could. :P

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Well these days, I'm proud if I can do a 3-strand Dutch/French braid!

The most complicated I've ever managed was a 7-strand, English style, and it was definitely twisted and went only a third of the way down. The best looking one I did was a 5-strand English braid, but that's a few years ago now.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I think this one is deceptively complicated looking. It's two French braids braided in an x pattern and then wrapped around the head.

I can't do more than a 5-strand braid though. Any more strands than that and my fingers get confused.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

4 strands is my limit - the round 4-strand braid and the suspended infinity braid in my avatar and profile pic. I don't see either often IRL
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I think this one is deceptively complicated looking. It's two French braids braided in an x pattern and then wrapped around the head.

I can't do more than a 5-strand braid though. Any more strands than that and my fingers get confused.
    That is beautiful! I've had that idea but don't think I'll be able to pull it off on myself and most of the people in my life don't have hair long enough for me to try it on them. *Sigh.* I have done five strand Dutch braids on other people a few times and it was fun, though.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Christi May View Post
    That is beautiful! I've had that idea but don't think I'll be able to pull it off on myself and most of the people in my life don't have hair long enough for me to try it on them. *Sigh.* I have done five strand Dutch braids on other people a few times and it was fun, though.
    I can actually braid better on myself than other people. I think it's because I learned to braid on my own hair first.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    Hip/50"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I once did an 11 strand braid, which I was very proud of! I also did Arwen's helms deep battle braid, which I thought looked complicated. It took a while to do, anyway! I have pictures of both in my album, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Saige View Post
    I once did an 11 strand braid, which I was very proud of! I also did Arwen's helms deep battle braid, which I thought looked complicated. It took a while to do, anyway! I have pictures of both in my album, I think.
    Wow 11 strand! I want to do bigger strand braids because i feel like it makes my thin braid look thicker. I scrolled through your album and your braids are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    4 strands is my limit - the round 4-strand braid and the suspended infinity braid in my avatar and profile pic. I don't see either often IRL
    Ive been doing the round 4 strand a lot and want to try the round 6 strand, but maneuvering those strands behind my head sounds so difficult