Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adult 18+

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Adult 18+

I'm just sitting here wondering (I've wondered this before, just forgot about asking) why in the world doesn't LHC have an Adult board on this forum? If my granddaughters were pre teens/teens, I would not want them joining here and reading some of the threads that have been started here in the last few months. 'Pros and cons of stripping'. 'I slept with a married man' 'Brazilian waxes' , etc. I am NOT picking on just one poster. Most of them are incendiary topics and usually get closed by a mod. They are also a good waste of bandwith. These things should be blogged. If you start a blog and accept folks as friends you will have avid readers. That way you can weed out the remarks you DON't care for. LOL. But I'm digressing.

This used to NOT be an 'anything goes' forum. When did we become an unwelcome place for young folks?

Maybe I'm just a dottering old woman, but I've lead a pretty exciting life:drama: (as my blog shows!) and would just like to know why we don't have an Adult Board. didn't we have one on the archived forum?
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Adult 18+

You have a point...I like our TMI topics ("menstrual cups thread" and various discussions on types of birth control etc) but you're right, I don't think many parents would find some of these discussions suitable for young'uns.

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I was thinking this just the other day. There have been threads started in the last few months that make me think to myself that my almost 15 year old daughters are still too young for LHC even though I love this place.

I am just a little uncomfortable with some of the topics and the access that is available to our younger readers. I know that at one point there were 13 year olds bumbling around this forum. I can't imagine that has changed.

If you are a dottering old woman Justy, let me join the club because I feel the forum has definitely started to skew towards the older crowd recently and I don't particularly, as a mother and educator, like the change.

P.S. Dearest Justy, please give Callie some holiday love from Auntie Nae! HRH deserves the best.
    Last edited by Nae; December 24th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Didn't we used to have a board like that sometime in the distant past?

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by justgreen View Post
    I'm just sitting here wondering (I've wondered this before, just forgot about asking) why in the world doesn't LHC have an Adult board on this forum? If my granddaughters were pre teens/teens, I would not want them joining here and reading some of the threads that have been started here in the last few months. 'Pros and cons of stripping'. 'I slept with a married man' 'Brazilian waxes' , etc. I am NOT picking on just one poster. Most of them are incendiary topics and usually get closed by a mod. They are also a good waste of bandwith. These things should be blogged. If you start a blog and accept folks as friends you will have avid readers. That way you can weed out the remarks you DON't care for. LOL. But I'm digressing.

This used to NOT be an 'anything goes' forum. When did we become an unwelcome place for young folks?

Maybe I'm just a dottering old woman, but I've lead a pretty exciting life:drama: (as my blog shows!) and would just like to know why we don't have an Adult Board. didn't we have one on the archived forum?
    Agreed. I'm glad someone brought this up.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I remember hearing whispered tales of the Sensitive Issues board being removed because it attracted creepers, but we can make the board private now...
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nae View Post
    I was thinking this just the other day. There have been threads started in the last few months that make me think to myself that my almost 15 year old daughters are still too young for LHC even though I love this place.

I am just a little uncomfortable with some of the topics and the access that is available to our younger readers. I know that at one point there were 13 year olds bumbling around this forum. I can't imagine that has changed.

If you are a dottering old woman Justy, let me join the club because I feel the forum has definitely started to skew towards the older crowd recently and I don't particularly, as a mother and educator, like the change.

P.S. Dearest Justy, please give Callie some holiday love from Auntie Nae! HRH deserves the best.
    Holiday love given and Callie said to tell Auntie Nae *meep*
    Last edited by justgreen; December 24th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by justgreen View Post
    Holiday love given and Callie said to tell Auntie Nai *meep*
    Oh my goodness. A "meep" of my very own? I am overwhelmed.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Totally agree with what has been brought up. I'd like to point out, though, that I've noticed those types of threads are sometimes started by members who have recently joined and may not know the rules of which this community abides to (or should, anyway). Since it would be impossible to direct these new members to the "rules thread" (or older members who need to be reminded, apparently), I agree that it would be a good idea to start a thread to discuss adult topics more privately.

P.S. I really don't care if this is making me sound old.

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Disclosure: I don't have kids so my opinion is worth squat, lol! But the other side to this is LHC has the highest concentration of intellectual fair-minded people I have found on the internet (hands down). So if kids are reading these kinds of threads here at least they are getting open-minded opinions and thoughtful ideas on the various topics, so I'd say that's a good thing. The reality is they will read/hear about it somewhere (and maybe they already have). Seriously, if I had LHC as a kid I would have avoided a lot of heartache and bad decision making (even if I simply listened to a fraction of the "social" information here).

Statistically 15 is the "magic age" where kids start to become sexually active (lower income areas indicate as low as 12 years old). Anyway, consequently kids have questions about their bodies (and other people's bodies). They have questions about gender roles and fitting in and getting along with people and gripes about their parents etc. I have never seen any thread here where the OP just got one kinds of advice. So if kids are reading these threads they are getting lots and lots of viewpoints and information. LHC is very diverse in that way.

But I get what you are saying and it is a good reminder that we have all ages here. So overall an 18+ board sounds good for the more controversial stuff. But I would hope it would not prevent the young ones from the collective applicable wisdom here (especially age appropriate things Mom/Dad don't feel comfortable talking about).
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights