Thread: Hi all! New here, hoping to undo 10 yrs of straightening + 4 yrs of bleach damage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Hi all! New here, hoping to undo 10 yrs of straightening + 4 yrs of bleach damage

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I've done exactly what you're looking to do (grew out severely damaged chemically destroyed hair)! you can read about it here in detail, and also there's an article linked in my signature about rehabilitating damaged hair.

My one caution to your plan is that castor oil is very drying and I wouldn't recommend it on your length, scalp only for the growth benefits
    I don't know how I never saw this article about rehabilitating damaged hair! It's full of solid advice and helpful links. A lot of it I'm already doing, but I feel like a whole new world (of information) just opened up for me to explore. Thank you so much for putting it in your signature! So, so helpful
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Hi all! New here, hoping to undo 10 yrs of straightening + 4 yrs of bleach damage

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    I don't know how I never saw this article about rehabilitating damaged hair! It's full of solid advice and helpful links. A lot of it I'm already doing, but I feel like a whole new world (of information) just opened up for me to explore. Thank you so much for putting it in your signature! So, so helpful
    You're so welcome! I actually expanded it into a full-fledged book, but I wanted to keep the article that inspired it linked here