Page 101 of 267 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

CrisDee, your hair looks so much thicker and I can defently see growth..WOW.
    I have been so lazy and haven't applied it in a while. It's so hot these days and I just hate putting oils or any sticky stuff in this weather..

Length
    11"/41/44
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    Has anyone tried to mix it with Rooibos tea? I mean, because people are using that as well.. I thought.. maybe you could dilute it with that? :P
    I don't think you'd find it diluted all that well. To dilute, you'll want a lighter oil .. water (tea) will just give you layers.

Hair is vitally personal to children. They weep vigorously when it is cut for the first time; no matter how it grows, ~Charles Chaplin

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/APL/trmnl
    Type
    2c/M/ii

CrisDee, how often do you apply the oil? And do you dilute it, or just rub it in straight?

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I've been using the same mix I use to do the OCM on my face, 50/50 CO/EVOO, with about 5 drops each lavender and geranium EOs (cos they smell purty! ). I had all these things in my stash already, so this was quite easy to begin. I've been doing it about every other day or every third day. When I'm at home, I put about a teaspoon of it in my palm, and add a drop of rosemary EO, then dip my fingers in and massage it onto my scalp, section by section.

I also thought it's felt thicker, thanks for confirming that, Cleopatra! Obviously the thickness can't be from new growth in just a couple weeks, but as I mentioned a few posts ago, my hair just looooves this stuff! I also "suffer from irregularity" many times when beginning a new routine, I often just can't seem to remember to do it. (That's why my adventure with Mane & Tail and MN went by the wayside). But between now nice this stuff smells and how much my hair loves it, those make it very easy to remember. I do know what you mean about the heat, though - if my hair hadn't finally gotten long enough to put up and get it off me, I'm not sure I'd be able to be so consistent...

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    Also, how often do you use it? Every day? Every 3 days, every week, etc.?
    Personally, I only do it once a week. Its quite a hassle in this heat. Which is probably why I haven't seen a major change in my hair.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by dmarie16 View Post
    Is there a particular type of castor oil you use that adds darkness to hair? I would love the combo tinting/growth/moisturizing!! Its a win-win
    I just use the only castor oil I can find around here :/ I'm not sure what it is, it comes in light blue packaging. Its definitely not a famous brand. I'll have a look when I get home and let you know.
    Last edited by Ligeia_13; July 19th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I guess this is another reason to be grateful for my job, cos I always wear my hair up in a wet cinnabun for work in this heat - which makes castor oil treatments a lot less of a hassle. If I don't quite get all the oil out, the bun just holds better. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be so consistent with this if I were still in a 9-5 office job.

That being said, I'm sure that not all the growth is attributable to the castor oil treatments. I'd been in a bit of a stall, so I was due for some growth, and my hair grows better in the summer anyway. So we'll see how much extra net growth I get over the next few months - and we'll see if I'm able to be as consistent with the treatments in winter when I much prefer to wear my hair down more for warmth!

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've been using Pandoras Recipe

Actually a slight variation. I omit the EO except for Tea Tree and just used distilled water.
    Spreads well and I can spray it right on my scalp and it's easier to monitor the amount.
    Last edited by kitcatsmeow; July 19th, 2011 at 06:41 AM.

Maintenance trims to grow back thickness

Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Kitcat, I mixed up a batch of that, but haven't used it much for two main reasons - first, the squirt bottle I used is crap, with every pump it leaks all over the place; and second, I am just not a fan of the tea tree oil scent. Maybe if I get a new squirt bottle and add a little more of the other EOs to drown out that strong tea tree oil scent, I'll like it a little more. Hmmm, that may be a good way to use it in winter!

It has really thickened up my hairline combined with massaging the scalp. I'm really happy about that. Sadly it doesn't do a thing about my eyebrows, and I don't need to use it on my lashes as they are already very long.

Length
    26.4"/27"/31.5"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

In April and May I was very conscientious about putting on my EVVO-CO mix before each and every washing. But in June, oh in June I was lazy & busy & forgotten but I did pay for it: my hair started to shed like crazy causing more stress causing more shedding and so on and so forth.
    So at the end of June I decided to EVOO-CO again at least once a week (I wash my hair in every 3-5 days). Since then I had 4 masks. Right now I need to wash my hair and I just combed it -- and what I've noticed? Only a few (10-20) strands come out!

Sooo my conclusion I want to share: if you find something that works for your hair, stick to it! I thought I knew this but still my laziness and thoughtlessness made me stop doing something really good to my hair.

(And conclusion #2: there must be something wrong with me, maybe lack of vitamins or iron or anything else that causes this shedding...)
    Mum, when I grow up I'll be a photographer!