Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    SL/47ftp/?full
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by moniquerenaud View Post
    Sooo if I have blonde hair I can't use this?
    You can use this, but, according to some reports, you run the risk of darkening your hair. I have used castor oil on my roots, but I have dark hair that I like dark...
    Shoulder-length (pre-LHC) | Fingertip | Fingertip or longer and less taper
    Virgin hair all my life...because I am lazy.

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by arelrios View Post
    Great! you are so lucky! I have to go back to the routine of doing this... also, my eyebrows could use some extra help now that i'm letting them grow ...
    Thank you so much! I had noticed results before with this, but laziness and new bandwagons took over. Consistency really is key.

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I think it would be okay to use with lighter hair, but can't say for certain. Mine is darker too. If I recall, an earlier blondie using this said any darkening for her went away after clarifying. Everyone is different though. If you'd really like to try, you could maybe do a small test patch on an inconspicuous bit of hair for a while first and see how you react.

Re: darkening blonde hair--I've noticed that my hair looks a little darker after using castor oil for awhile, but it does lighten up if I clarify. I haven't seen amazing growth results, but I've been using this inconsistently.

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Alrighty! I have this in right now under a shower cap and an ultra stylish blue beanie. I look quite foolish. This is my first overnight treatment, and I'm trying to use the greenhouse effect! Wish me well!

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I ordered a bottle of home health brand castor oil on Ebay, and it arrived yesterday. I mixed it 1:1 with jojoba oil, applied it with an applicator bottle, and put a shower cap over the top of it today after church. I'll wear it the rest of the day today, and overnight (with a towel on my pillow), and will CO-wash it out in the morning. I really hope to have the results that some of you have reported. For the last three months my growth was .75", .75" and .5" . I would be delighted to see 1+ inch a month, and this seems like a very safe option to try. I used castor oil to induce labor a few times, and it was very effective at that. If it grows my hair faster than its usual rate, then I'll definitely have to call it a miracle oil... labor induction AND hair growth... sounds too good to be true. Can't hurt to give it a try, and if it works, happy day!

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

My hair feels very well-conditioned, but no miracle of 1/2" overnight. :P The strands I shed in the shower looked thicker to me. That could have been the oil coating them. I'll give it another go in a week. It's too messy for me to want to do it more often than that.

ETA: I did two CO-washes and one diluted shampoo to get the oil out. I think I got it all.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    15"/16"/20+"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I tried this once before hoping I could use it as a leave-in like I use my Evening Primrose Oil right now... but it was too sticky for that and I had to wash it out before leaving out the door. I am going to try it again for overnight/ pre-shampoo treatment. I hope it helps at least a bit! My hair is so short right now.

Length
    26/20/30
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I've been using castor oil for a month or so now, and I can safely say that my hair looks much much better now. I can attribute just a fraction of the overall success to castor oil, since I've also just started wearing hair net for sleeping (which really saves the day for me!), but my bf, who is against wearing hair nets is also on a "castor oil wagon" and I've noticed that he has new growth, better scalp and much much more lustre (sheen) in his hair. And we both have very very soft hair, which is unusual, since our natural hair is coarse.

Length
    25/25/30
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

I bought some jamaican black castor oil from sallys which is supposed to be like regular castor oil on steroids i began using it yesterday. Anyone used this with success?